• Please post pictures and as much information as possible.

Help! Pepper ID for this hotsauce!

Hi!

I am new to this forum and in the world of pepper! So, I've encountered this delicious yet crazy hot sauce and when I ask what peppers are included, they've shown me a picture but since I'm new to peppers, I don't know a thing and the name of the said peppers in the picture. I am asking because I am a food blogger and I would like to review their product.

Here's the picture:
2chxqom.jpg

Please help me on this journey of mine!

Thanks!

As Jubnat suggested in far fewer words, your best bet for identifying those chillies would be to peruse Mojo's website and look for pictures that match. The people here may be great at IDing chillies but, when many of them appear to be the company's own hybrids, there's not much more we could do here.

That said, though, we can probably give you background info on some of the varieties involved if you find any particularly interesting types.

The main point you need to know, I think, is is that the main two are both Naga (subset of very similar Indian varieties, including the Ghost Pepper) crosses. The right hand one of the pair has been bred with some very flavourful purple varieties, while the left hand one has been bred with stupidly hot ones, including the Jigsaw pepper produced by Fatalii Gourmet, which many (myself included) think tastes hotter than the Carolina Reaper.

So yeah, I think the main points are that this is a sauce comprised of numerous rare hybrid peppers that focus on extreme heat while still giving flavour the attention it deserves and that the now-classic Naga flavour is likely to be the unifying factor amongst the majority of them.

spicefreak said:
As Jubnat suggested in far fewer words, your best bet for identifying those chillies would be to peruse Mojo's website and look for pictures that match. The people here may be great at IDing chillies but, when many of them appear to be the company's own hybrids, there's not much more we could do here.

That said, though, we can probably give you background info on some of the varieties involved if you find any particularly interesting types.

The main point you need to know, I think, is is that the main two are both Naga (subset of very similar Indian varieties, including the Ghost Pepper) crosses. The right hand one of the pair has been bred with some very flavourful purple varieties, while the left hand one has been bred with stupidly hot ones, including the Jigsaw pepper produced by Fatalii Gourmet, which many (myself included) think tastes hotter than the Carolina Reaper.

So yeah, I think the main points are that this is a sauce comprised of numerous rare hybrid peppers that focus on extreme heat while still giving flavour the attention it deserves and that the now-classic Naga flavour is likely to be the unifying factor amongst the majority of them.

Thank you so much for your replies guys! Really appreciate it! Been doing some research now and contacting the maker himself as well!

Back