• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Last Harvest and Praying Mantis Eggs

Hey guys and gals of THP. I hope everyone is doing well! Just finished my last big harvest. 
lG3fBAD.jpg
Can you guess the varieties?  :P
bhzC928.jpg
Still waiting for a few more pubes
7ns2zYT.jpg
NulFtAJ.jpg
Praying mantis LOVE the c. praetermissum! I think I can take these egg sacs inside, and place them in the fridge and then hatch them around my plants in the spring to prevent aphids. Anybody know about raising praying mantis? Let me know. 
xiYL5bn.jpg
c. praetermissum peppers. 
V0FHT3W.jpg
Plant is huge!
lj9VbHe.jpg
All my container plants are done, but the in grounds are still killing it. BOC and Carolina reapers. 
NralLmC.jpg
Hope yall enjoyed! Have a good winter and cheers to next year's bountiful harvest. 

AndyW said:
That harvest is very impressive! I saw that egg sac and wondered what kind of pepper turned that color at first.
Thanks! Took me a while too, I had no idea what the hell it was. I thought it was styrofoam packing peanuts or something weird. 

catherinew said:
You have a bountiful harvest and lucky to see and save the praying mantis eggs. When you decide to put them out in the garden, just make sure there's food/prey for the babies or they'll be cannibals.
Thanks. They'll be okay in the fridge, right? I guess I've got to do some more research. 

MikeUSMC said:
Same here! Then I thought it was a bee's nest :rofl:
Damn, that would have sucked. Not a fan of wasps 

Wicked harvest!

I think I can see some Jalapenos, Bonnets, Aji Jobitos, Peach Bhuts? No idea about the rest lol.

Cool praying mantis eggs! You could always try raising them in captivity for a few generations, and you'll have even more come spring! I haven't a clue if the fridge would work. If you do try it, make sure to let us know how it goes!

ThatBlondGuy101 said:
Wicked harvest!

I think I can see some Jalapenos, Bonnets, Aji Jobitos, Peach Bhuts? No idea about the rest lol.

Cool praying mantis eggs! You could always try raising them in captivity for a few generations, and you'll have even more come spring! I haven't a clue if the fridge would work. If you do try it, make sure to let us know how it goes!
Thanks man! 
Pretty close, what you're thinking are japapenos are a goat's weed cross but it tasted AWFUL, like lawn clippings and dirt. I wish I grew Jalapenos instead. Also some reapers, p. dreadie, thai, habanadas, and a single habanero.
I'll keep yall posted on the mantis egg sacs. Apparently as long as they have oxygen, the fridge mocks an overwintering cycle and they'll be fine in there until Spring. Hoping for the best! I found another on the c. praetermissum, so I've now got 4 sacs.
qandeel said:
Nice harvest. How many plants do you have?

12 in fabric pots, 3 in the ground. I had blossom end rot with a aji type, all the pods were ruined and to be honest it tasted like soap anyways, so that got tossed a month or so ago. If anyone is still using plastic pots, try out fabric! They kicked ass, I was really happy with them and the root systems were also great. 
karoo said:
:onfire:  :mouthonfire:   :dance:

Hmmm you used 5 gallon fabric? What about storage do you just leave them out all winter?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back