• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Old School: What does a scorpon pepper look like?

This is old school from the start. :)

Chris

Attachments

• Trinidad Scorpion BT - Pic 5.JPG
    Trinidad Scorpion BT - Pic 5.JPG
    86.7 KB · Views: 70
ra178PKl.jpg

Do you mean like this? I have been wondering about that myself. Like why, for example, does the "Yellow CARDI Scorpion" that is passed around look nothing like the images of the Scorpions on CARDI's website, which are neither yellow, nor shaped like what most of us commonly think of as a Scorpion phenotype?

BlackFatalii - Bingo on the red.  That is how I remember my first red scorpion peppers.  On the yellow, hmmmm... I am going to have to look into that and maybe change my seed catalog to address it.  Thank you.  Always learning.

Chris - I am so glad to see you active in the forums.  You are a wealth of knowledge.  I wonder if maybe the two looks were floating around back in the day and I latched onto the CARDI looking pod because the one you just shared looks more like the Butch T.  By any chance, do you have photos of the Butch T from about the same year?

I have always thought the Butch T has a very pronounced but not thin tail / stinger.  But I look at the photos at what I assume is his website ( ButchT.com ) and the Butch T scorpions there he shows do not have the pronounced tails.  Looking at the photo you provided some look very much like what ButchT.com shows and some look like what it seems many believe Butch T should look like.

It is all very confusing.  Other than flavor / heat what was it that had someone say: "Yes, this is different?"

Back