• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Black Super Hots?

Black Naga is brown.  Big Black Mama is brown.  Sorry to seem ignorant, but are there any super hots that are actually black?

austin87 said:
I got some BBMs last year in a SFRB from 96strat. They were the closest to black I've ever seen.

Assuming there is a difference, what are the heat/flavor profiles compared to chocolates?

The closest to black I have personally grown is the Black Bhutlah Scorpion. They are very, very dark brown, and unlike most peppers, have no gloss to the skin.

Yep, dark brown.  Even Black Prince seems to be purple rather than black.  Blue is another one it is hard for me to think of.

CAPCOM said:

Assuming there is a difference, what are the heat/flavor profiles compared to chocolates?
It's the only BBM I've ever had so I can't really compare it. I liked it though!

AJ you are being too literal. Is white corn really white? No it is lighter than yellow. Even white bullets. Black are dark peppers. Really dark, mind you. Should be darker than chocolate.

Walchit said:
Are there blacks that aren't super hot?

Not sure.  I know Black Prince and the black bells are purple because I have grown them.  But there are other things like NuMex Halloween that I havent grown that look black in photos.  But with super hots, have never even seen one that looks black in photos.  Kind of weird how browns are called black.  I mean purple comes damn close, but not brown so much.

CAPCOM said:

I have a few phenos of the BBM chocolate.  The one i found this year is the hottest plant iv'e ever grown and the flavor is outstanding.  Every pod is bumpy as hell.  Huge chocolate pods too.  I mean every inch of the pods are bumpy.  Also a mustard/green BBM popped up in two plants.  Flavor is great on those as well.

jedisushi06 said:
I have a few phenos of the BBM chocolate.  The one i found this year is the hottest plant iv'e ever grown and the flavor is outstanding.  Every pod is bumpy as hell.  Huge chocolate pods too.  I mean every inch of the pods are bumpy.  Also a mustard/green BBM popped up in two plants.  Flavor is great on those as well.

Any pictures? and seeds for sale?

CAPCOM said:

Any pictures? and seeds for sale?
I too grew some out standing BMM's this year...I might have some of my source seeds left..If not i can send you some of this years..Though not ISO mine are OP..I'll post pics if your interested..

And I've asked the same question to my brother in law..Why does he call himself black when he is brown..

IMG_6950.JPG

Mr.CtChilihead said:
I too grew some out standing BMM's this year...I might have some of my source seeds left..If not i can send you some of this years..Though not ISO mine are OP..I'll post pics if your interested..

And I've asked the same question to my brother in law..Why does he call himself black when he is brown..

I am interested in any chocolate that has taste and heat that will trigger Geiger counters.

Back