• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Unseasonably warm fall

Anyone else having an extended growing season due to above average fall temps? My Tabasco plants still have about 100 unripe peppers on the plants. I got my first ripe peppers from these plants a week ago. Our summer was a little cooler than 2016 summer. I think that’s why my Tabasco plant is behind on production.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We usually have some back and forth weather in southern California come October. Some days are cold and rainy, then the next week it's back in the 90s.

Early September it was maybe up to 60 degrees for a week. I thought that the season was done. Then it started warming up , heck the last week in September we had 4 days of 90 degrees. Then it started to cool down to mid 70’s. No frost yet.

Maine here, yep been very warm fall here too. Had one a lot like this about 6 or 7 years ago too. We barely had a winter that year. It was pretty much just one snow storm at the end of October that year.

Warm, moist, and humid down in North central Florida, still recovering from Irma.  Too much water and very unseasonable.  Should be much more dry and cool.  Peppers have flowers again, finally, but have to protect them from too much rain...hence the over-watering curse.

Naw, very close to normal. Started out looking long and warm, but the freeze advisory is on for tomorrow night. I just pulled about 10 lbs. of very green peppers, left easily 5 times that out in the 8th acre.

Global warming my ass.

We had a pretty dry summer in my part of the Thumb. I think some of our hot fall is from all those hurricanes that hit the South.

It's actually been quite the opposite in North Dakota too. The cool down was actually rather slow so I think the plants have toughened up to the weather as they are still flowering and setting fruit. Just hoping the tomatoes and jalapeños survive 32f tonight since they survived a few good frosts already. At least I'll have some new plants going under the grow light soon.

wicked warm.....my plants were cut and hung by now last year.....year before i think i made october 15 or 16.....looks like we'll beat that this year, no threat of hard frost appears imminent

We had a wet year till Harvey then it's been too dry and hot. Temps still in the 90's and lows 70's. I keep waiting for it to get a little cooler so the plants can perk up some, hopefully soon.

The weather is getting more fall like, but no heavy frost yet. My Tabasco peppers are starting to ripen up. Every couple of days I pick some that are turning orange and put them in a paper bag with a ripe tomato, after couple of days in the bag they’re ripe. I’m happy I didn’t give up on my plants.

we had a good heavy frost monday night, was 27 when i left for work......i picked sunday and then cut and hung the 20 or so plants that had a ton of pods left......currently have a very large window screen in the house with a bunch of loose pods and the hanging plants

made it to the 16th, just like normal lol......it's too bad, we have had one more night down to 33-34 since, but we' are having more days in the 60's through the weekend

Still pretty warm here. This week the cold temps are starting to start but the last few weeks we've had 75-80 temps. My plants are budding in mid October which says something. 

My plants are budding also. It looks like the warm weather will probably come to the end early next week. Now to decide what plant to try to over winter.

Back