• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

hot-sauce Does anyone still use Tabasco sauce?

Sometimes I get a craving for Tabasco sauce. Of course it's not hot to me anymore so I usually have it in addition to powders or peppers. I also use it to poach eggs with instead of vinegar.

Do y'all use Tabasco for anything?

I understand why peeps don't like tabasco sauce, all it's vinegary "goodness". However if it was not for tabasco a lot of chilli heads would not be i think, it's like the "gateway" into pepper world for a lot of people, myself included.
Just yesterday i cooked some chicken wings and drumsticks smothered in Tabasco and Cayenne powder, mmmmmmmm.
Of course now i can drink the stuff while others think a drop is going to burn their tounge off but if it weren't for the humble Tabasco i would not be the pepper head i am today.
I am not afraid to say, I LOVE YOU TABASCO! :0

Novacastrian said:
I understand why peeps don't like tabasco sauce, all it's vinegary "goodness". However if it was not for tabasco a lot of chilli heads would not be i think, it's like the "gateway" into pepper world for a lot of people, myself included.
Just yesterday i cooked some chicken wings and drumsticks smothered in Tabasco and Cayenne powder, mmmmmmmm.
Of course now i can drink the stuff while others think a drop is going to burn their tounge off but if it weren't for the humble Tabasco i would not be the pepper head i am today.
I am not afraid to say, I LOVE YOU TABASCO! :0

Oh, don't get me wrong, I totally give them props for being the first ones out there to market hot sauce. Doesn't mean I have to like a product that's 90% vinegar though ;)

imaguitargod said:
Doesn't mean I have to like a product that's 90% vinegar though ;)

I know, i know, maybe they could make a special batch just for us, 90% Peppers and 10% Vinegar, that would spice things up, heck i'll do it myself when my pods come through:onfire:

I will only use it if I'm out somewhere and they don't have fresh chiles, or I've left home without some. McIlhenny make a Habanero Tabasco also, that's got a fair bit more bite to it but there is no escaping the breathtaking effect of oh so much vinegar.

It's good on fried catfish...but I prefer Defcon products.

When I was about 8 or 9 my dad introduced me to Tabasco, and that little bottle (well, many, many bottles) actually carried me through my enlistment in the USMC. It wasn't until I moved here to New Mexico about 4 years ago that I really got into the Good Stuff.

I have to pay my son to eat hot stuff, not stuff that will hurt him though. He did it for free once to show off to his cousins (he was only four years old, having a little bit of my sauce, auroras and jersey death) then he asked me for payment. I said no way you did it all by yourself!!!
I hope my son will be a pepper head...
We are a "cool" bunch!!!

i use tobasco on a daily basis; i love the hotter stuff, but i really like the flavor of tobasco; i put it on pretty much anything; just this morning i had an omlet with swiss, jalapenos, & onions and i topped it with tobasco; it wasnt a super hot omlet but it tasted damn good; tomorrow its habanero mango chicken with fresh roasted peruvian hot peppers on the side :-)

I only like their chipotle & their habanero sauce. I cant stand their original sauce anymore. IMO those 2 sauces are not that vinegary tasting.

I have and use all of the tabascos and they have there place.

Even if you are not a fan of it you must admit that it is most likly the first one you have tried..

Years and years ago I liked Tabasco but now I don't like the original one and definately not the Habanero one. I don't mind the green one.

Tabasco is awesome with avocardo and tomatoe slices on toast with lots of salt and pepper for breakfast.
I still think Tabasco is one of the best all round products on the market.

Seems that Tabasco is destined to remain the McDonalds of hot sauces. It's popularity is only outshined by it's disdain. Tabasco can be found in every restaurant both on the table and in the kitchen. It's mainly chile heads and sauce afficianado's that turn up their noses and find it an abomination, however, as we can tell from the previous response's many of us are more than willing to admit that we have liked in the past or currently still enjoy Tabasco. I readily admit to liking Tabasco
when I was a young whippersnapper when there were no other options. Now that I have become propagandized by the new world order of chiledom and the elite gourmande hot sauces, it now seems as if I am admitting that I had no date and had to dance with my sister at the prom. So be it then. We are all endorphin whores in the end anyway. It's simply a matter of negotiating price. Not all of us can afford the $1,000 a night Vegas Naga Bhut prostitute...and some of us are quite happy with the $50 anything goes, around the world, Tabasco street ho'. In final summation I pose this question to all on the THP...
Can somebody lend me 50 bucks?

Cheers, TB.

Never really liked it or used it.

Back