• Extreme
  • 6,062 posts

Posted 17 July 2018 - 06:04 PM

grilled shrimp

grilled fish

hush puppies

fish on a bun

totally a seafood sauce

For sure! The citrus/fruit combo would work well with just about any seafood. I blanched and peeled the skins off of the fruit, so it is a really smooth sauce.

#103 cone9

cone9

Smokin' Hot

• Extreme
  • 1,121 posts

Posted 17 July 2018 - 10:06 PM

+1...and NICE color as well!

So many peppers, so little time!             GO  BUCKEYES !            Anymore, it seems the only thing I get done quickly is get older

New goal in life:   I hope I get grandchildren before I get a walker

#104 Thegreenchilemonster

Thegreenchilemonster

On Fire!

• Extreme
  • 6,062 posts

Posted 18 July 2018 - 06:29 AM

+1...and NICE color as well!

Thanks! That's one of the reasons I like growing peach bhuts. I can make light colored sauces, but still keep that great bhut flavor/burn.

#105 nmlarson

nmlarson

Hot

• Extreme
  • 544 posts

Posted 18 July 2018 - 06:58 AM

I picked a handful of peach bhuts this morning, and I whipped up a sauce with them, fresh apricots, white peaches, and citrus. I also used a tad of white vinegar to drop the PH, and a bit of salt. The sauce came out fantastic. I'm sure it will be getting drizzled on some fish tacos very soon😁

That sounds absolutely delicious!

Always listen to experts. They'll tell you what can't be done and why. Then do it.        Robert Heinlein

#106 cone9

cone9

Smokin' Hot

• Extreme
  • 1,121 posts

Posted 20 July 2018 - 09:01 PM

Thanks! That's one of the reasons I like growing peach bhuts. I can make light colored sauces, but still keep that great bhut flavor/burn.

I do the same thing...and with 7 Pot Whites and White Lightning Bolts as well.  I really like the color of the light colored sauces, so I use peeled Bosc pears and/or white peaches and/or parsnips and/or cauliflower...actually, that was a really BIG failure! 

Don't get me wrong - I love cauliflower, but I let that cloud my judgement and think it would be good in a hot sauce.

What the hell was I thinking?

So many peppers, so little time!             GO  BUCKEYES !            Anymore, it seems the only thing I get done quickly is get older

New goal in life:   I hope I get grandchildren before I get a walker

#107 MikeUSMC

MikeUSMC

Smokin' Hot

• Extreme
  • 3,176 posts
  • aka:Iron Mike

Posted 22 July 2018 - 07:36 AM

and/or cauliflower[/s]...actually, that was a really BIG failure! 

Don't get me wrong - I love cauliflower, but I let that cloud my judgement and think it would be good in a hot sauce.
What the hell was I thinking?

You're not too far off the rails, cone ;)

I've heard of people using cauliflower in sauces before. Supposed to be a good thickener. It's practically flavorless and won't alter the color (much) either
"I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you f*ck with me, I'll kill you all."
-General James "Mad Dog" Mattis (to Iraqi tribal leaders, 2006)

#108 Thegreenchilemonster

Thegreenchilemonster

On Fire!

• Extreme
  • 6,062 posts

Posted 30 July 2018 - 09:18 PM

After tasting some of Warrantman's Arson, I got inspired to make a peach bhut salt. Initially I was going to do a test batch, with a handfull of pods, then I decided F it, and used a bunch more.

I blended the fresh pods with some fresh squeezed lemon juice, and a bit of vinegar. I then mixed the blend with some coarse sea salt, and threw it on a plate, in my dehydrator for a day and a half.

I'm very pleased with the end result! Great burn, flavor, and color.

Attached Thumbnails

• 20180730_220721.jpg
  • 20180730_220737.jpg
  • 20180730_220830.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests