• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Atomic Starfish ?

I could have swore I asked this earlier, but cant find it now.  Some sites say Atomic Starfish is AKA for Bishop's Crown.  Others say it is AKA for Brazilian Starfish.  A couple do not say it is AKA for anything but show what seems to be a Brazilian Starfish.  Is one use of the term more correct than another?

Also, when you think of an atomic pepper don't you think of something that is actually hot?  Both Bishop's Crown and Brazilian Starfish are fairly mild.  Very confusing.

I don't know about Atomic Starfish. But Bishop's Crown is not the same thing as a Brazilian Starfish. They look very different pod wise. Bishops crown is a much longer pod. Also the Starfish tastes much better imo.

DaQatz said:
I don't know about Atomic Starfish. But Bishop's Crown is not the same thing as a Brazilian Starfish. They look very different pod wise. Bishops crown is a much longer pod. Also the Starfish tastes much better imo.

Exactly, but they both seem to share the name Atomic Starfish and neither seems to be very "atomic".  BTW: Love starfish for the taste too, but bishops crown are the coolest for stuffing.  The shape blows guests away.

Back