• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Using a sweeter pepper?

I've got a decent amount of sweeter type peppers that I need to use up. I have no idea what these peppers are as they were wrong seeds from what I had ordered. I have been doing a decent amount of eating them whole to knock down the pile, but they are starting to slowly shrivel up. I am just wondering what others do with these types of peppers? They have basically zero heat and are on the quite sweet side. I was considering maybe a powder, but I wasn't sure how a sweet pepper would work as a powder.

Could always freeze them. I'd make a batch of ABT's(Recipe on my profile) just add some heat to the cream cheese..I do that a lot with sweet peppers.

+1 on freezing. If they're starting to turn it might be your best option til you figure out what you're gonna do with them.

Sweet peppers and low heat peppers are great fillers to bulk to hot sauces. Some hot peppers, some sweet peppers =great medium heat sauce.

++to freezing if you dont have a plan right now.

Back