• If you can't find a "Hot" category that fits, post it here!

[Oct 23] What are you working on this week?

Order the control switch for my Frigidaire range...DONE

Repair the damn thing once it arrives. Not having the large front burning was irritating and its pretty simple/cheap to replace. :D

Drying a few more gochu, Thai giant orange and Beni Highlands.....The Beni are kinda good dried and they dry fast too

5 more Caribbean Reds are almost ripe...Why have i not grown these before!!!!....Deseed and freeze for some sauce.

Open up one of my old Electrolux vacuums and see if the switch is bad or if its toast. My older one still works killer.

ShowMeDaSauce said:
Open up one of my old Electrolux vacuums and see if the switch is bad or if its toast. My older one still works killer.

Our old Kirby quit in August. I thought it was the switch and took it into the Kirby shop in Pensacola. It goes there for an annual tune-up that was done in March. It wasn't the switch. The motor went out. He charged me $30 to fix it.

Bottling a pineapple ferment that went 4 months.Candying a batch of small end of season Supers. And still picking everyday. Unbelievable I haven't had a frost yet. And tending four ladies in the grow room, they are loaded with pods. Three of the four are D3 crosses I love his work.

DWB said:

Our old Kirby quit in August. I thought it was the switch and took it into the Kirby shop in Pensacola. It goes there for an annual tune-up that was done in March. It wasn't the switch. The motor went out. He charged me $30 to fix it.

This is the switch. You can feel the "toggle" rocker fail to engage the actual internal switch...took me about 5min to get it all apart. Motors for this are way more than $30

I didn't ask but I'm sure he gave me a bonepile motor and charged me $30 to swap it out. We've been doing business with him for 25 years.

Yeah, you don't buy a motor for an old school vacuum for cheap. The rebuilt machines can easily cost a grand.

Back