• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Weather Change for North Florida

Well, after complaining about +80-90 degree temps, rain, storms, bus (they are always here...), we supposedly will get a cold air influx this evening.  Make me think of golfing...but as to pepper growth, I have plans to build a frost cover/heat bin for leaving sprouts outside on "MILD' days.  Wondering f that is safe enough, as I have started several varieties and have sprouts aka party time.  The old-school response was to pull them inside every time a frost was potentially going to come.  I will err on the side of caution, but was wondering if others have used these glass-roof frost boxes to protect and continue nurturing sprouts?  (Sorry if long-winded)

I think what you're talking about is a cold frame. They are effective. Especially if you put them up against something like the side of your house. They stay warmer that way.

I was wondering the same thing. Lower temps for a few nights have me concerned. I finally have peppers and don't want to lose them. I counted 40 on one plant. For now I plan to bring them in when it gets below 50F and I have a couple of blankets to wrap the pot in. I want to get a heat mat as well.

Back