wanted Looking for new (to me) jalapeno varieties

I have grown some type of jalapenos for pickling and stuffing every year since I have grown peppers. The last few years I have been growing biker billys and mucho nachos and they have gotten worse for production each year and started looking sickly as the season progresses, while other varieties of peppers nearby are fine. I have come to the conclusion I need to start my seed stock over. I would love to try several different varieties of jalapenos that I haven't tried before. If anyone wants to do a trade for some of these I'm interested. I have a lot of different varieties of pepper seeds to trade with. Including all heat levels and types, let me know if interested. If not I will purchase some from a good vendor,  just let me know of some good varieties that you have tried. It looks like the cracked jalapeno is a good one. I have seen other's on here that look good as well.  Thanks all. 

Have you grown Farmers / Potato jalapeno?  No heat when green.  Not much when red.  But they have this concentrated sweet bell flavor that is great for munching and cooking.  Instead of chopping up half a dozen bell, you just use one of the farmers jalapeno in their place.

AJ Drew said:
Have you grown Farmers / Potato jalapeno?  No heat when green.  Not much when red.  But they have this concentrated sweet bell flavor that is great for munching and cooking.  Instead of chopping up half a dozen bell, you just use one of the farmers jalapeno in their place.
No but that one does sound interesting. I wouldn't mind maybe growing one, but I do like some heat in my jalapenos, even though usually I don't consider any of them very hot. 

I grew the bonnie hot hybrid jalapenos this year. They seemed very productive. Also, everyone I gave one too swore it wasn't a jalapeno cause they had a very good heat with an initial hint of sweetness. I would say its the hottest jalapeno I have grown so far.

Here are some Farmer’s Jalapeños I grew this year.

c93be50ed2b25ff8e2bb2af63628a974.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Dylan unknown said:
I grew the bonnie hot hybrid jalapenos this year. They seemed very productive. Also, everyone I gave one too swore it wasn't a jalapeno cause they had a very good heat with an initial hint of sweetness. I would say its the hottest jalapeno I have grown so far.
I will definitely keep an eye out, you get those seeds from a big box or did you buy the plants?

jedisushi06 said:
Grew the yellow jalapeno this year.  Zapotec jalapeno i'm doing this coming year.
Yeah I have heard of that one and that it's really good. Where did you get your seeds from ?

kentishman said:
Here are some Farmer’s Jalapeños I grew this year.

c93be50ed2b25ff8e2bb2af63628a974.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Those look really cool, might have to grow it just because of that. How did you use them?

Edit: Apparently I don't know how to use multiquote :)

I saved the seeds from a short and stocky one two seasons ago and have continued to grow it. It produces well and has a thick wall. I like them a lot, and I call them "chode jalapeños" lol. I tried to post a picture, but it was absolutely massive and I'm pretty new to this. I'll have to work on it a little more.

I'm planning on trying out some yellow jalapeno and biker Billy. Other than that I will probably grab a 6 pack of Bonnie jalapenos from Walmart, or something from the nursery.

Back