• If you can't find a "Hot" category that fits, post it here!

[Oct 30] What are you working on this week?

I've got two 9lb pork shoulders brining in root beer in the fridge right now. Gonna throw them on the smoker tomorrow morning

Handing out candy to the kids; beers, pulled pork sammies, and bacon wrapped stuffed jalapeños to the adults!!!

Halloween's a blast at my house. 2 or 3 other couples come over with their kids. Our wives take a cooler of beer in a wagon around the block with the kids, and the husbands and I get smashed in the garage by the smoker, handing out goodies :)

Stop on by if you're in my neighborhood! You'll be able to smell it from a mile away ;)

:party: :beer:

MikeUSMC said:
I've got two 9lb pork shoulders brining in root beer in the fridge right now. Gonna throw them on the smoker tomorrow morning

Handing out candy to the kids; beers, pulled pork sammies, and bacon wrapped stuffed jalapeños to the adults!!!

Halloween's a blast at my house. 2 or 3 other couples come over with their kids. Our wives take a cooler of beer in a wagon around the block with the kids, and the husbands and I get smashed in the garage by the smoker, handing out goodies :)

Stop on by if you're in my neighborhood! You'll be able to smell it from a mile away ;)

:party: :beer:

Whoah Rootbeer Brine?
Please elaborate :drooling:

Hawaiianero said:
Whoah Rootbeer Brine?
Please elaborate :drooling:

That's it, dude, lol

I hit the meat with an "all purpose" rub (salt, pepper, granulated garlic), then a BBQ rub. Stab the living shit out of the meat with a serving fork (big, thick tines) like 1,000 times to get good brine penetration. Stuff the meat in a big ziplock bag (2.5 gallon) and dump root beer in ;)

The next day, I'll drain and rinse in the sink, pat dry, rub w/ yellow mustard, then hit with both dry rubs again. Easy peasy

Sometimes I'll use Coke too; gives the meet a nice sweet flavor with the added sugar. I used to cook pork shoulders in root beer (or Coke) in a crock pot before I built my smoker :)

HopsNBarley said:
I'm driving to Central Connecticut and trick or treating at Mikes house :party:
Come on through, dude! It's funny how many husbands stop by, grab a beer and a sandwich, then try to convince their wives that they'll "catch up with them soon." The daggers that shoot out of the wives' eyes are hilarious :rofl:

One lady was totally cool with it last year. Some dude hung out for like an hour while he waited for his wife and kid to get to the end of the street and come back to pass my house again. He hung out with me and my buddies, had like 3 or 4 beers, hanging out by the fire pit in the driveway with some tunes going ;)

Halloween is definitely different from when I was a kid - now adults enjoy it more than ever! Along different trick-or-treating routes, we've seen (and been part of) fire pits, beer wagons, food tents, floats (like the Macy's Thanksgiving Parade)...Rock on, Mike.

I'm bringing in some tender perennials today. Overnight by me looks to be about 31.

Back