• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Carolina Reaper not producing pollen and flowerdrop

Hey! I have a reaperplant growing indoors under 300w led plus a 70w cfl. The temp is constantly around 25 C or 77 F. I have a fan circulating the air in the tent and another that is venting air and heat out from the top.
There is a homemade humidifier witch consists of a rag in a bowl of water evaporating, I dont know what procent of humidity I have but I also mist the plant atleast once a day.

I have fed the plant with wormcastings tea and also a concentrated fertilizer called chilifocus. Also once every two weeks I spray with epsomsalts.

The plant look really healthy right now and I see alot of new growth every day.
The plants also have alot of flowers in diffrent stages of maturity.
The last couple of days I have had atleast 5 flowers fully open and all, so I have tried to handpollinate with both my fingers and a cottonswab, but not one grain of pollen can be seen?
After about two days of beeing fully open the stem turns light green and drops.

Anyone know what to do at this point to get the plant to produce pollen? Should I stress the plant by letting it dry out or something?
Thanks for any tips!

XXf4ZfB.jpg

GbFEcMt.jpg

EY95Lqp.jpg

A plant will keep putting out vegetative growth as long as possible from my experience. They seem to really do that when treated well. I'm no expert, but since it's doing well, I'd just try to have some patience. It'll pay off in the long run when you get more than one or two pods. Unless you're hurting for space, I'd recommend letting it do its thing.

First, take fotos in regular light.

Flower drop probable causes:

1. Day temp too high >95F
2. Night temp too low <65F or too high >85F
3. Too much nitrogen fertilizer
4. Too much water
5. Low light levels (reduces fertility).
6. Very low humidity (reduces fertility)
7. Poor air circulation (air circulation contributes to pollination).
8. Lack of pollinating insects.
9. Size of pot
10. Too much mineral in feedwater.
11. Too much grower attention/anxiety.

Back