•  

The 11th Annual Hot Pepper Awards ACCEPTING ENTRIES!

Photo

Bringing hot sauce/condiments when eating out

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 chelybowl

chelybowl

Mild

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 November 2017 - 12:02 AM

Hi! I'm not really sure where is the best place to post this location, but I am hoping this might be a good spot since I am kind of promoting my product, which I am still working on. 

But I need you guys help for research! I am conducting a survey to see if people do in fact bring their own hot sauce to the restaurant and how they do so. 

If you can fill out this survey, that would be so appreciated! Thank you!!!

#1A Guest

• Pip
  • 1 post

#2 ThatBlondGuy101

ThatBlondGuy101

Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 648 posts
  • aka:TBG
  • Location:21st Highest Town In Australia. (AKA a cold place kinda near Sydney)

Posted 02 November 2017 - 04:32 AM

:welcome: dude, good luck with your product!

Spreadin' the love of chillies! :dance:

#3 HopsNBarley

HopsNBarley

Smokin' Hot

• Extreme
  • 3,213 posts
  • (x2)

Posted 02 November 2017 - 06:48 AM

Welcome

Getcha' pull

#4 PodHopper

PodHopper

Mild

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts

Posted 02 November 2017 - 08:10 AM

there's a sriracha keychain bottle.  Thought about getting that and putting my hot sauce of the week in it.  I tend to binge a hot sauce for a week then move on to the next one.  

#5 Edmick

Edmick

Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 677 posts

Posted 02 November 2017 - 03:22 PM

When I was at the southern california hot sauce expo there was a guy only selling leather hot sauce holsters for your belt. He obviously thought there was a market for such a thing.. Keeping a small bottle in your pocket or purse is one thing, but wearing one on your belt seems a little extreme. Lol

#6 chelybowl

chelybowl

Mild

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 November 2017 - 05:54 PM

When I was at the southern california hot sauce expo there was a guy only selling leather hot sauce holsters for your belt. He obviously thought there was a market for such a thing.. Keeping a small bottle in your pocket or purse is one thing, but wearing one on your belt seems a little extreme. Lol

Wow that's really interesting! Maybe there is such a market in the southern states? What do you think about a necklace container? 

#7 dragonsfire

dragonsfire

On Fire!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,116 posts

Posted 02 November 2017 - 06:07 PM

hot sauce holsters for your belt.  but wearing one on your belt seems a little extreme. Lol

lol, I plan on making one, I have a grinder spice bottle I will put dry flakes in. Working on the picture design to be carved on their today :)

#8 salsalady

salsalady

On Fire!

• Extreme Biz
  • 13,107 posts
  • aka:SL, HSL
  • (x8)

Posted 02 November 2017 - 07:04 PM

The hot sauce holster guy has been around for years.  Pretty cool design choices.  The man who originally started the Hot Sauce Holster business passed away a couple years ago and someone new has the business.  I don't know if the person in Cali is the one affiliated with the original holster business, but I like the idea.  

I used to have a pill bottle key chain that I kept pepper powder in.  I was bummed when the link broke, never got around to fixing it~  :(

PureEvilProducts

The Chile Addict's prayer-"Lord, grant me the wisdom to know it will be too hot, the courage to eat it anyway, and the serenity to accept the pain that follows. Amen"

PepperPeopleRock! 

#9 MikeUSMC

MikeUSMC

Smokin' Hot

• Extreme
  • 1,805 posts
  • aka:Iron Mike

Posted 02 November 2017 - 08:06 PM

there was a guy only selling leather hot sauce holsters for your belt

My wife got me a beer holster for my belt for "hands free BBQing" a few years ago for Father's Day ;)
GIVE WAR A CHANCE

#10 D3monic

D3monic

On Fire!

• Extreme
  • 9,513 posts
  • aka:D3
  • (x6)

Posted 03 November 2017 - 01:04 AM

never bring hot sauce but I always have powder on hand. In my car, my wifes car, her purses, like 8 different kinds at work and an entire drawer next to my chair. 

Find me on Instagram

Can I help it if I'm one of those fanatical TD fans?I got my #3 Demonic jersey on, my face is painted, and I cant stop yelling WOOOOOO!!

#11 MikeUSMC

MikeUSMC

Smokin' Hot

• Extreme
  • 1,805 posts
  • aka:Iron Mike

Posted 03 November 2017 - 07:46 AM

My wife got me a beer holster for my belt for "hands free BBQing" a few years ago for Father's Day ;)

Your belt goes through the top loop, and there's a strap to go around your thigh, so it doesn't bounce all over the place when you walk, lol

IMG_5754.JPG
GIVE WAR A CHANCE

#12 The Hot Pepper

The Hot Pepper

On Fire!

• Administrators
  • 40,977 posts
  • aka:Pookie
  • (x3)

Posted 03 November 2017 - 10:06 AM

Wow that's really interesting! Maybe there is such a market in the southern states? What do you think about a necklace container? 

So I am guessing your product will be a necklace. I would not wear one, but if you have something cool that you think people will wear, make sure to file a patent so you are the only company that can make it. If it's really cool you could license it to others companies, and you know who might be interested? Hot sauce companies, as a gimmick/promo. Or novelty gift companies, or maybe even a diamond studded one for someone famous, but you'd be paid the licensing. So just make sure to file that patent if this is something you are going to manufacture.

:cheers:

#13 Lucky Dog Hot Sauce

Lucky Dog Hot Sauce

On Fire!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,032 posts
  • aka:Hot Sauce Guy

Posted 06 November 2017 - 04:27 PM

I am conducting a survey to see if people do in fact bring their own hot sauce to the restaurant and how they do so. 

For as long as I can remember. Before I started making sauce, I'd bring one of my favorites along to BBQ or breakfast so I didn't have to use Tabasco or Cholula. ;)

I'll take a shot at the survey. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests