•  

Photo

D3 Ferment attempts

Best Answer Genetikx, 10 November 2017 - 11:16 PM

SnF response here should help for salt ratio. My latest one had no brine and I went 3% salt by weight of all ingredients...again, no water added

http://thehotpepper....t/?fromsearch=1

I'm familiar with those omni bonnets and painapples. You're good to cut em in half but quarters might be better. Don't think food processor is necessary.

I continue to use kosher salt even though i bought pickling salt for mashes... Still haven't opened the box.

Greek yogurt is pretty thick, so you might not get much whey out of it. Since a starter isn't really needed, I think you're good here too... Just get whatever liquid out of it that you can. I don't use any starter but I do like Mike's probiotic kids pouches. I'd get those if I ever wanted a starter.

And yea, too much head space. The yellow one is borderline but could take more if you have more pods. If you don't have more of those varieties and don't want to add something new, I wouldn't sweat it.

Looking forward to more here brother. Good stuff

And niiice Bells glass with the Lazurite Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#21 patrad

patrad

Mild

• Members
  • Pip
  • 73 posts

Posted 19 November 2017 - 09:18 AM

lazu rite. . good stuff.  added a can to my last ferment :)

#1A Guest

• Pip
  • 1 post

#22 D3monic

D3monic

On Fire!

• Extreme
  • 10,107 posts
  • aka:D3
  • (x6)

Posted 29 November 2017 - 02:00 PM

19 days long enough? I kind of want to process one of these. 

So Far they look great, no discoloration, weird fuzzies or other signs of them going south. 

sPYtlTd.jpg

Find me on Instagram

Can I help it if I'm one of those fanatical TD fans?I got my #3 Demonic jersey on, my face is painted, and I cant stop yelling WOOOOOO!!

#23 tctenten

tctenten

On Fire!

• Extreme
  • 12,683 posts

Posted 29 November 2017 - 02:25 PM

Minimum I ferment is 2 months....but that is just me. I hope to process a ferment that I started in September of 2016 in the next week or so.

#24 D3monic

D3monic

On Fire!

• Extreme
  • 10,107 posts
  • aka:D3
  • (x6)

Posted 29 November 2017 - 02:29 PM

Minimum I ferment is 2 months....but that is just me. I hope to process a ferment that I started in September of 2016 in the next week or so.

Wow!

I'm too impatient for all that lol. 

Find me on Instagram

Can I help it if I'm one of those fanatical TD fans?I got my #3 Demonic jersey on, my face is painted, and I cant stop yelling WOOOOOO!!

#25 MikeUSMC

MikeUSMC

Smokin' Hot

• Extreme
  • 2,826 posts
  • aka:Iron Mike

Posted 29 November 2017 - 08:14 PM

Try to let it go a full month, D3. You're almost there! ;)
GIVE WAR A CHANCE

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests