•  

The 11th Annual Hot Pepper Awards ACCEPTING ENTRIES!

Photo

[Nov 13] What are you working on this week?

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 The Hot Pepper

The Hot Pepper

On Fire!

• Administrators
  • 40,974 posts
  • aka:Pookie
  • (x3)

Posted 13 November 2017 - 09:00 AM

hotheads?

:cheers:

#1A Guest

• Pip
  • 1 post

#2 dragonsfire

dragonsfire

On Fire!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,114 posts

Posted 13 November 2017 - 10:15 AM

A cranberry sauce with Red Habs :)

#3 peppamang

peppamang

Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 520 posts

Posted 13 November 2017 - 10:17 AM

spreading compost before the ground really freezes up. bleeding radiators, snow tires, weather stripping some leaky windows, some car maintenance. winters are typically pretty boring for me. 

#4 peppamang

peppamang

Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 520 posts

Posted 13 November 2017 - 10:18 AM

gotta find something to do with the last 20 or so superhots I harvested when I chopped the plants 

#5 CAPCOM

CAPCOM

Smokin' Hot

• Extreme
  • 3,900 posts
  • aka:Shaggy

Posted 13 November 2017 - 03:09 PM

Grow room prep.

Rev 22:17..............CHILI-CON / CHILE-CON is pending

#6 Mr.CtChilihead

Mr.CtChilihead

Heating Up

• Extreme
  • 220 posts

Posted 13 November 2017 - 05:30 PM

Harvesting my two D3 7 Pot Burgundy X CGN21500 plants and some Carboneros from under the lights. Going to make a special red ferment out of the 7-Pots. That's about it.

We took in an abused 12 year old German Shepherd a month or so ago and he is in rough shape and has been taking up a lot of our free time.Hoping he doesn't have to be put down.

#7 Chorizo857_62J

Chorizo857_62J

Mild

• Members
  • Pip
  • 67 posts
  • aka:Fatknuckle

Posted 13 November 2017 - 07:15 PM

Starting seedlings for orange/red Habaneros, yellow Scotch Bonnets (from farmer's market), red pimentos ( mild to take the edge off), and red chili peppers (medium with meaty pods). I started a batch of Habaneros and Pimentos a month earlier, then built a frost box for protection (Plan A).  It worked great when we had a frost.  Then I had to leave for work the next day and forgot to prop the lid open. Can you say steamed vegetables?  Thus, after 50% mortality from one dumb day, starting over on sprouts.  I have some survivors of each, but winter in North Florida sill hasn't arrived, if it even will.  The old-school plan B is to just cart everything into the garage if needed.  Won't be culling any plants, except for the bananas.  And after 3-4 months, my eggplant is finally fruiting with 4-5 golf ball sized fruits and growing (moving that to another thread appropriately). 

Jeff

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_20171113_Seedling Germination.jpg
  • 20171028_184727.jpg

#8 The Hot Pepper

The Hot Pepper

On Fire!

• Administrators
  • 40,974 posts
  • aka:Pookie
  • (x3)

Posted 14 November 2017 - 05:02 PM

The Hot Pepper Awards launched. ;)

:cheers:

#9 Rajun Gardener

Rajun Gardener

Heating Up

• Extreme
  • 287 posts

Posted 15 November 2017 - 04:53 PM

I had 1 load of fill dirt and two loads of topsoil delivered yesterday for the outdoor kitchen/shop. I have an old 1968 Case backhoe/loader and busted a hydraulic hose on the first bucket of dirt. I got that fixed and played in the dirt for a while. I should have all the dirt work done this week if it doesn't rain. 

I did order more topsoil than I needed to make raised beds. I'm making raised beds about 32" wide so I can run my Troybuilt tiller through them. I have a source of horse manure and about 3 months to get them in and fertilized ready for Spring.

#10 Chorizo857_62J

Chorizo857_62J

Mild

• Members
  • Pip
  • 67 posts
  • aka:Fatknuckle

Posted 17 November 2017 - 10:27 PM

Now that sounds like a plan!

#11 salsalady

salsalady

On Fire!

• Extreme Biz
  • 13,106 posts
  • aka:SL, HSL
  • (x8)

Posted 18 November 2017 - 12:58 AM

We took in an abused 12 year old German Shepherd a month or so ago and he is in rough shape and has been taking up a lot of our free time.Hoping he doesn't have to be put down.

Mr. CT~  We had a cat show up at out place after really bad wildfires a few years ago.  She had a burned ear, and was all growly until she was held, then she purred.  Vet said she was 13-14 years old when she showed up.  She was with us for a couple years and passed. 

Bless you for taking care of that old dog.  

SL

PureEvilProducts

The Chile Addict's prayer-"Lord, grant me the wisdom to know it will be too hot, the courage to eat it anyway, and the serenity to accept the pain that follows. Amen"

PepperPeopleRock! 

#12 Rajun Gardener

Rajun Gardener

Heating Up

• Extreme
  • 287 posts

Posted 18 November 2017 - 02:29 PM

I finished the fill dirt just in time, they're calling for rain tonight. The outdoor kitchen will be a 18'x21' metal building on a slab. The ragged old beast is still a work horse, I need to put on the rest of the parts from repairs I made a few months ago so she doesn't look so bad if that even possible.

20171118_125649.jpg

20171118_125630.jpg

20171118_131656.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests