• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Slade122's 2018 GLOG

Hey everyone!

After a very busy and depressing 2017 grow, I've decided to come back with fury in 2018. I'm hoping to match my production in 2016, as I'm finally starting to run low from my 2016 grow.

Anyways, I'm after flavorful pods, and pods for powder this year. Therefore, my focus will remain on ajis and superhot c. Chinese.

I'm scrapping pretty much everything to do with 2017, but still have a few overwinters from 2016 that I've saved due to their popularity. The aji Limon, and chitlepin. I only saved one Limon, two chitlepins, and a single moshi currently as well as 3 juveniles which are either jalapeños or maules red hots.

I'm going to use flood tables as much as possible and will be expanding my efforts in the hydroponics area as it seems to deliver the best results with minimal input. I'll be attempting to minimize human input as much as possible throughout this process.

Anyways. Grow list to come shortly as I'll be getting everything going soon.

Hi slade

Thanks for sharing your glog here. Unfortunately I couldnt see the photos as they are censored by Photbuket.

slade122 said:
****************** FIXED POST***********************
--------------------------------------------
Hey everyone!

After a very busy and depressing 2017 grow, I've decided to come back with fury in 2018. I'm hoping to match my production in 2016, as I'm finally starting to run low from my 2016 grow.

Anyways, I'm after flavorful pods, and pods for powder this year. Therefore, my focus will remain on ajis and superhot c. Chinese.

I'm scrapping pretty much everything to do with 2017, but still have a few overwinters from 2016 that I've saved due to their popularity. The aji Limon, and chitlepin. I only saved one Limon, two chitlepins, and a single moshi currently as well as 3 juveniles which are either jalapeños or maules red hots.

I'm going to use flood tables as much as possible and will be expanding my efforts in the hydroponics area as it seems to deliver the best results with minimal input. I'll be attempting to minimize human input as much as possible throughout this process.

2017-11-15%2019.32.31.jpg

2017-11-16%2019.55.00.jpg

2017-11-16%2019.59.16.jpg

2017-11-16%2019.54.10.jpg

2017-11-16%2019.53.53.jpg
2017-11-16%2019.54.45.jpg

Anyways. Grow list to come shortly as I'll be getting everything going soon.

Two weeks have passed, I figured it's time for another update. 

I've been warming up a bit, and decided to ensure that I still remember how to sprout some seeds. The new plants I started in the previous post are Early Jalapenos I believe, so I wanted to try some new seed stock I picked up. These are Farmer's Jalapeno from PepperLover
2017-11-29%2018.49.54.jpg

Here we have our progress on my Early Jalapenos! Some GrapeFruit Mint and A cuban Oregano off to the side.

2017-11-29%2018.45.23.jpg

Looks like I've attracted some friends. I better get on these early....

2017-11-29%2018.46.22.jpg

Grow List.

Early Jalapeno 
Farmer's Jalapeno
Moshi
Aji Limon
Reaper Bhut
Red Fatalli
Yellow Fatalli
Peach Fatalli
Chocolate Fatalli
Dorset Naga
Indian Carbon\
Jolokia Red
Bih Jolokia
Devil's Brain
T. Scorpion Original Red
Aji Cereza
Bolivian Orange
Aji Amarillo.

It's about time for me to start planting, as some time in march is usually our last frost date. If the longest varieties are planted now, they should be hitting maturity around time of last frost. The varieties that will require less time should be well in to production by then. This should ensure a fairly long grow season for me, as we havn't even had our first frost yet.

Next update to come when the seeds get planted this weekend!

Back