• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Worm-shaped pepper

Hey guys,

I've been trying to remember the name of that pepper variety that's shaped like a worm. It has a weird name, possibly in another language? I'm also looking for seeds of it so if anyone wants to trade them with me, hit me up!

Thanks!

Yeah, that's the one! Thanks! Couldn't remember the name at all, and looking for 'worm pepper' only got me results about worms ON peppers, lol!

Edit: It doesn't seem that any European vendor that I know of sells these, so if anyone on here can trade me some Arbibi Gusano seeds that would be awesome!

b3rnd said:
Yeah, that's the one! Thanks! Couldn't remember the name at all, and looking for 'worm pepper' only got me results about worms ON peppers, lol!

Edit: It doesn't seem that any European vendor that I know of sells these, so if anyone on here can trade me some Arbibi Gusano seeds that would be awesome!
i have some, I love that little pepper, grow it every year
I even won 1st place in the State Fair small hot pepper category with it back in 2015
send me a PM with your address, happy to share some seeds :)

or:

https://www.semillas.de/cgi-bin/shop/shop.cgi?shop=%22%22&product=Chilisamen%20A&cart_id=%22%22

7th item from the bottom of that page.

this vendor has nothing but great reviews here, and is a member here on THP

they may be able to get the seeds to you quicker ? not sure 

:cheers:

Guatemalan Insanity Pepper said:
I even won 1st place in the State Fair small hot pepper category with it back in 2015
send me a PM with your address, happy to share some seeds
icon_smile.gif

or:

https://www.semillas.de/cgi-bin/shop/shop.cgi?shop=""&product=Chilisamen%20A&cart_id=""
Having a look at the results of a search of semillas.de for Gusano (had to leave out Aribibi from the keywords due to the listing being Aribibbi Gusano) I noticed Murupi is described as simillar. Searching for Murupi yielded a result of Murupi Amarela on peperzaden.nl. Found a result of Aribibi Gusanito on pepperseeds.eu (described as different on the site) when I searched for "Aribibi Gusano" OR "Arivivi Gusano".

I've had success growing a couple of other varieties (none of the above mentioned) from semillas.de.

b3rnd said:

Peperzaden.nl and pepperseeds.eu appear to be the same shop based in Amsterdam.

Guatemalan Insanity Pepper said:
send me a PM with your address, happy to share some seeds :)

or:

https://www.semillas.de/cgi-bin/shop/shop.cgi?shop=%22%22&product=Chilisamen%20A&cart_id=%22%22

7th item from the bottom of that page.

this vendor has nothing but great reviews here, and is a member here on THP

they may be able to get the seeds to you quicker ? not sure 

:cheers:

Oh wow, I recently ordered from Semillas, package arrived last Friday. I even searched for it but I couldn't find it because as harry pointed out below you, they have it listed as 'Arbibbi' with two b's instead of one.. Whoops. Thanks for the offer, I might take you up on that.

harry said:
Having a look at the results of a search of semillas.de for Gusano (had to leave out Aribibi from the keywords due to the listing being Aribibbi Gusano) I noticed Murupi is described as simillar. Searching for Murupi yielded a result of Murupi Amarela on peperzaden.nl. Found a result of Aribibi Gusanito on pepperseeds.eu (described as different on the site) when I searched for "Aribibi Gusano" OR "Arivivi Gusano".

I've had success growing a couple of other varieties (none of the above mentioned) from semillas.de.

Peperzaden.nl and pepperseeds.eu appear to be the same shop based in Amsterdam.

Thanks a lot! I did search for it on Semillas.de, but I didn't know they spelled it differently. I could be wrong but I think the Murupi is a different pepper. The other one listed on peperzaden.nl is 'Aribibi Gusanito', a Frutescens.

Back