• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

health Lower leaves getting yellow, brittle, some brownish spots and then fall off

This happens always at the end of the season, like right now. (I am growing in Spain in a green house on the balcony, 18hrs light,but night time temps right now can get down the 45-50Fs, so it's a little chilly at night.

I am growing Seranos in various ways (for some years already), in soil, or in perlite/vermiculite...and my feed is FloraNova Bloom:

With "old" fruiting plants, the large, lower leaves become pale and yellow. These leaves feel brittle and "leathery" and they also develop brownish unhealthy spotting above the yellow. The stem in those affected leaves is red. ANY of such leaves falls off at some point, it's just a matter of time. These dead leaves when they fall off feel like parchment, brittle and weird.

While my Seranos developed some "ok sized" fruits (2-2.5" but still not ripe, I prefer to harvest when orange/red), it looks to me that with the yellow leaves the fruit development also slowed or stopped. Some fruits are just tiny knobs and I am not sure whether they will even grow out.

Otherwise, on top, the plants look alright....but overall it's clear that something is going on. They look worse every day.

Or this is just normal for "end of season" <- if this is even relevant since I am growing in a green house?

** I think I can exclude overwatering since I let the pots dry out in between..so question whether this is a deficiency. I don't feed FNB with every watering...maybe they need more?

my peppers always loose their leaves after producing fruit. normally they are just going dormant, and getting ready for the winter. nothing to worry about. :)

possibly water more, but mine still fall off no mater how warm it is. once the peppers have been grown all leaves go bye bye

Maybe someone can answer this; I've seen videos on people restarting the growth by trimming off a branch or leaves after the harvest.

Weeks later the new growth starts and the plant wants to continue the cycle.

Sent from my Galaxy S8 using Tapatalk

Back