"New" hotsauce explorer from Sweden has arrived to the boards!

Hey guys. I am not sure how I found this forum, but here I am and hopefully I will stay here for a while.

So, a short introduction:
I'm 18 years old, from Sweden, have been eating hot food since I was like 12, but I can't say the food I've eaten is too hot since we don't have too much hot stuff in Sweden...

I think when I "advanced to another level" was around my 16th birthday when I found out that one of my favourite local restaurants had a hotter sauce than their regular "hot". (not hot at all actually...) They call it superhot, and they also have a less hot one called extra hot.
Not really sure what is in it, but I think it's piri piri and some hot sauce, and I have kind of suspected it contains extract since it tastes a little metallic... and the color is almost black, with a little red in it.
anyway, after a while I thought it was kind of weak so I decided to look for something else.
started to read about chilis and sauces and found that the habanero might be something for me.
when I went shopping for food I decided to look at the chilis in the vegetables corner, and to my surprise I found a little red package with "red savina" written on it, so I thought I should try it. it had some warnings like "caution: extremely hot, wash your hands after direct contact with skin"

when I got home I called my friend who also likes hot food and told him I found a place where they sold habaneros and told him I bought some, then I asked him to come over and try it with me.

well... we tried it, and it was pretty damn hot. didn't actually think that heat like that even existed.
even though it's a bit too hot to eat fresh, I use it a lot in cooking.

well I guess that's my story how I got into hot stuff.

The hottest thing I've tried is most likely "Da Bomb Final Answer", which was just way too hot. although the burn of the red savina was almost worse (or better maybe?) cause it lasted so long. also I must say I don't like the taste of Da Bomb Final Answer.

today I am eating those orange habaneros to pretty much every meal I think it fits with, I really love the smell and taste of habaneros.
and I just found an european site which sells most of blairs products and a lot of CaJohn and Dave's Gourmet, well, more than I could wish for!
Just ordered this from there:
blair's death rain chips in 5 different tastes
blair's pure death (the jolokia version)
CaJohn's Lethal Ingestion (said to be all natural but I have my doubts... seems way too hot. but it doesn't seem to have the extract taste)
blair's death salsa XXX hot
blair's death nacho cheese dip XXX hot
pepper king's Crying Roci's strawberry sweets with habanero (heat 10+, that seems insane(ly fun!))
and some fresh nagas too hopefully, would like to grow my own but the climate in sweden is just way off.:(

could try to get my hands on a camera and do a video review of the stuff if anyone would be interested. I will write a review if I can't get a video camera.

some quickies:
Favourite food: I love tacos, hamburgers, grilled chicken and kebab.
Favourite chili: habaneros, haven't had the chance to try more :(
Favourite hotsauce: no clue, I guess the "extra hot" one at the restaurant I mentioned earlier tastes the best... not hot enough though!
Interests: cooking, music, hi-fi equipment, movies, tv-series, (a big animefan to be honest) computers, videogames
a little followup; favourite music: genre has to be post-rock, band would be Yndi Halda.
err, can't think of any more right now...

I hope I might learn a lot of things regarding chilis and hot sauces here.

a bit tired now as it's like 3 in the morning and I haven't gone to bed yet, so I guess this post will be a bit messy. sorry about that.

That would be "it" for me, thanks I hope.:hell:

(ps. thehippyseedco (Neil, Andrew and "QuadShotz" videoreviews rocks. not sure about QuadShotz real name, sorry. ds.)

Hello munchzilla and welcome from Australia...

Great story. We will have you growing, eating, stuffing, and making sauces out of heaps of different varieties of chillis....

Everyone here is super friendly and helpful, and will answer any question you have no matter how silly you think it might be!!

There is heaps of sauce making threads here for you to drool over..

Again welcome and enjoy...

Hey Munchy, great to have you onboard:) I can say with confidence that i am at the same "heat level" as yourself. You describe your experiences well.
Try to get some Naga if you can, that will rock your world..

Edit: Sorry forgot to mention that yes indeed Neil is something extraordinary, Alas Quadshotz is about the same (just a bit more thinky thinky than Neil:))
Andrew is a freak but i don't think he is a member here..why not Neil? hahahaha i love rambling..

gday mate, welcome to THP from the Great Land Down Under

I'd have to say that I disagree with your statement that you don't have too much hot stuff in Sweden - I've seen the chicks, some of them sure look hot to me!!!

chilliman64 said:

I'd have to say that I disagree with your statement that you don't have too much hot stuff in Sweden - I've seen the chicks, some of them sure look hot to me!!!

mmmmm, hot chicks....

66.png
...from Germany.

Enjoy your stay!

I have tried the Rocis, they are pretty hot, but not unbearable!

Novacastrian said:
Hey Munchy, great to have you onboard:) I can say with confidence that i am at the same "heat level" as yourself. You describe your experiences well.
Try to get some Naga if you can, that will rock your world..

Edit: Sorry forgot to mention that yes indeed Neil is something extraordinary, Alas Quadshotz is about the same (just a bit more thinky thinky than Neil:))
Andrew is a freak but i don't think he is a member here..why not Neil? hahahaha i love rambling..
Hi and thanks :) I ordered some nagas just this weekend, and I hopefully will have them in my hands somewhere around next week?
A bit weird you called me munchy actually, that is my nickname I go under when I play Quake.:P
chilliman64 said:

Hi!
Well, if you mean the blondes with the big chests and such I can't say I like them too much... but if they taste hot, well, cannibalism is not my thing either. So I would'nt know.
Chiliac said:
66.png
...from Germany.

Enjoy your stay!

I have tried the Rocis, they are pretty hot, but not unbearable!
Thanks!
Ah, but I guess they don't really taste much strawberry/cherry/raspberry or which flavour you decide to try? :P
I wonder if they're bearable enough to have fun with some non-chililoving friends... ;)

Thanks everyone for the warm greetings, seems like I'll have a nice time browsing here.

(the avatar is actually a little re-drawn pokémon named munchlax. :o)

munchzilla said:
Ah, but I guess they don't really taste much strawberry/cherry/raspberry or which flavour you decide to try? :P
I wonder if they're bearable enough to have fun with some non-chililoving friends... ;)

They actually do taste like what it says on the label, despite the heat. I don't think non-chili friends would like them, but I know what you mean. It's hard to say how they'd taste to someone without any tolerance. Better go easy on your friends!! :)

Chiliac said:
They actually do taste like what it says on the label, despite the heat. I don't think non-chili friends would like them, but I know what you mean. It's hard to say how they'd taste to someone without any tolerance. Better go easy on your friends!! :)
Haha, well... I guess it's just tempting, but I'm pretty sure they wouldn't hate me for it though. ;)
It would be kind of fun to play "russian roulette" with those and some look-a-like sweets and place them in a little bowl when you have some friends over for dinner or something.:cool:

anyway, I think I'll have to try them myself first before I think about doing that. :D

DickT said:
Yeah another Swede, what part of Sweden are you from munch, Hello from Baltimore

Answered that in a PM already but, I'm from Luleå in the northern part of Sweden (not too up north though, where the reindeers are... :P)

Back