• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

How many next hottet pepper in the world???

Does anyone else remember when Fatalii Gourmet Jigsaw was going to be the next hottest pepper in the world?  I am wondering if maybe we could come up with a list of all the Next Hottest Pepper in the world since the last title holder: The Carolina Reaper.  From memory, this is all I can come up with but it seems like there were so many more.

Fatalii Gourmet Jigsaw
Dragon's Breath
Pepper X

I think there was one by Primo too but I forget its name.  Maybe something creaper or something like that.

Louisiana Creeper, people who tried it say it's the hottest thing they ever put in their mouth.
No claims btw, needs to be stabilized first.
Chocolate Bhutlah too made a name itself in this talk

Guitarman said:
Louisiana Creeper, people who tried it say it's the hottest thing they ever put in their mouth.

Louisiana Creeper, that is the one I couldnt remember that is by Mr. Primeaux.  Not sure how I forgot Chocolate Bhutlah.  Still, it seems like there were several others that came and then just sort of faded away.

Everyone and their mother is claiming to have rumors of the next worlds hottest pepper.

A. Most likely in my opinion that could be serious contenders are the following
1. Louisiana Creeper (Ive had powder and its definitely the real deal)
2. Butch Taylor Reaper Scorpion (BTR) Ive had fresh pods and they are so perfume to me they seem a bit hotter than moruga scorpions. Ive had Blind BTR and while the sauce was watery thin it was still very hot.

B. Possible but needs more stabilization
1. Chocolate Bhutlah
2. Fatalii Jigsaw

C. Nonsense peppers that wont be and are a publicity stunt.
1. Pepper X
2. Dragons Breath

D. Crazy names that are purely boutique peppers and at this point anyone can start to name their own peppers if they wanted to do so by taking some and growing it in their backyards.
1. Apocalypse
2. Lava
3. Genghis Khan Brains
4. Madballz
5. Brain Strain
6. Bubblegum

Heck, back in the day, when I had to walk barefoot to school , uphill, both ways.....the hottest pepper was Red Savina!  :(gasp:)  

AJDrew, are you asking for a list of those peppers that were supposed to be the NextHottest that didn't quite make it? 

HotSauceGoonie said:
D. Crazy names that are purely boutique peppers and at this point anyone can start to name their own peppers if they wanted to do so by taking some and growing it in their backyards.
1. Apocalypse
2. Lava
3. Genghis Khan Brains
4. Madballz
5. Brain Strain
6. Bubblegum

I disagree with the brainstrain being on that list. It has pedigree, is stable, and been around a loong time.
i believe the moruga's the only pod mentioned in this thread that has been around longer.

Edit: My bad the moruga wasn't mentioned, thinking of another thread :doh: .
The BS has definitely been around much longer than any others mentioned here.

Hottest iv'e ever had is made by Jack which involves hybirds me and him created worked on.  The louisiana creeper is BBM chocolate X Primo.   Iv'e grown chocolate or brown mourga scorpions that killed me.  They are light colored and i got the seeds from Judy.   

Back