Happy Thanksgiving from NH

Hello All,

New to growing in general. Most of my interest in having a green thumb has always gone brown for soil growing. About a year ago; I started looking into growing corn and cucumbers inside and found that I actually am doing pretty well growing inside. I spent this last year amping up my indoor tools for these and expanded to other F/V.

I have found that I can control a lot of factors in Hydroponics between Kratky and DWC. I’m expanding my knowledge to better my results.

My newest interest has been Peppers from hot to sweet and I have a few plants growing right now.

·         5 hab sprouts
·         5 Wonderbell Sprouts
·         2 Banana Peps
o   1.5 ft tall and a propagated top.
·         3 Scorpions that are slow to sprout
Other Current Grows:
·         12 – Boston Pickling Cuke Plants
·         2 – Lemon Cuke Plants
·         4 – Diva Cuke Plants
·         2 – Red Cherry Grape T Plants
·         4 – Purple Cherokee T Plants
·         4 – Black Cherry T Plants
·         6 -  Butterhead Lettuce
·         3 -  Sweetness Hybrid Corn Stalks

I’ll mostly be using this to create GLOGS and learn from the community here.   ;)

Thanks, 

I have never tried them before but.. I can't wait for them to produce. I went all in on the Boston Pickling when I started and was a little disheartened on the size but are great too. 

What would you recommend for interesting Peps or other veggies?

JfgE6Ce.gif
...From Taxachusetts!

Where's your garden? Grow room, basement, greenhouse?

Thanks!

My grow room is located throughout the house. Most of my Plants are in the basement on my workbench under a 300w and 600w LED Growlights. I have an additional 50w LED light for three plants too. 

I use my bathroom vanity with 3 100 w CFLs and three 5 w LED clip lights that have 2 DWC containers; one for a Black Cherry T and the other for a cuke. The vanity also is lighting the Pepper Sprouts. 

I transfer some of these plants to the windowsills during the day but I find better growth outside of the basement due to the temperature downstairs. I haven't figured out a good way to keep the heat from the lights contained. (no grow tents yet)

Welcome to THP.  Love the description of your indoor grow.  I have had a dedicated grow room for some time because I use HID lighting.  The grow room is vented and the heat in other rooms is undesirable.  But looking into LEDs this year hoping to grow threw out the house.  Figuring they will replace regular lighting so it will off set the electric bill a bit.  That and I think growing threw out the house will help fight back the depression of winter time.  Bring the outside inside n all.

Also love that your grow is not just peppers.  We grow a huge amount of what we eat.  Offsets the grocery bill a great deal.

Mr.CtChilihead said:
Welcome from southern NE can't wait to see some pics..I don't think I've ever seen corn under the lights..
As promised...

Attachments

• 20171124_224035.jpg
    20171124_224035.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 62
  • 20171124_223745.jpg
    20171124_223745.jpg
    119.7 KB · Views: 57
Back