• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

DK Pepper's Glog - 3rd year growing

Hi THP! 

I've finally decided to make an account, and make my own grow log, instead of just reading yours! 

This will be my third year growing peppers, and I will try to keep my grow small and around 6 plants - (a promise I've made the past, but never held)

I'm planning to put the plants in the ground around May.

My grow list is as follows:

- Aji Lemon Drop
- 7 Pot Brainstrain
- Trinidad Scorpion Peach
- Numex Suave
- Pimenta de Neyde

And then I'm hoping to participate in the Growdown Throwdown this year.

I've already started my seedlings, as I have a lot more room this year than previously, and I'm planing on topping to plants at some point. (Probably started too early anyways, but that's a problem for the future me)

I'll probably need some advice on renewing the soil in my garden (as I'm rather doubtful of my soil quality)

I've started my seedlings under a 24W fluorescent bulb, and I'm planning to upgrade my light along the way as needed.

A few pics of my baby plants:

Started 2 of each so far.
yRq9hjk.jpg

My Scorpion peaches have popped nicely, and one Lemon Drop is up and going, while the other one has hooked.
OixTDhm.jpg

Thanks for the welcome!

Just a quick update - My germination goes as follows:

Lemon Drop - 2/2 
Scorpion Peach - 2/2
7 Pot Brainstrain - 0/2  (Hoping they'll pop in the next day or two)
Numex Suave - 0/2 (Same as above)
Pimenta de neyde - 2/2 (One of them has sprouted with 3 cotyledon)

Just installed an 8' ventilator. Any idea for how long and when to run it?

My first Lemon Drop has some very broad cotyledons, and It seems to be doing better than the other one. (Hopefully It'll grow true)
tjR83T9.jpg

My current growtable looks like this right now. And as you can see, I just started repotting my Jiffy Pots into cups.
N9UCE7d.jpg

DK Peppers said:
Thanks for the welcome!

Just a quick update - My germination goes as follows:

Lemon Drop - 2/2 
Scorpion Peach - 2/2
7 Pot Brainstrain - 0/2  (Hoping they'll pop in the next day or two)
Numex Suave - 0/2 (Same as above)
Pimenta de neyde - 2/2 (One of them has sprouted with 3 cotyledon)

Just installed an 8' ventilator. Any idea for how long and when to run it?

My first Lemon Drop has some very broad cotyledons, and It seems to be doing better than the other one. (Hopefully It'll grow true)

My current growtable looks like this right now. And as you can see, I just started repotting my Jiffy Pots into cups.

Mine is super noisy so i run mine around 8-9 hours 5 days a week (basically when im at work)

It's definitly increased the water consumption and i dont have to shake the plants to pollinate them anymore :)

Back