• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Pepper X Count Down

I am 99% sure I remember Mr. Curry saying the results of official testing and the Guinness results would be announced this November.  So today or tomorrow.  Not sure why, but I am kind of excited.  Not go to the store on Thursday for the Black Friday sale, but still excited.  Would rather some back yard hobby type got the title this time around, but kind of getting tired of Carolina Reaper this and Carolina Reaper that.

Anyone else excited or do you think it is going to go the route of the Death Strain and just sort of fade away?  Place your predictions now.. 

I met ed currie at California hot sauce expo and he told me it was going to be announced this month. I wonder what the delay is.

MeatHead1313 said:
IIRC it was supposed to have been at the start of the month. From what I've read after pepper x was leaked it won't get anything from Guinness.

I just now learned of the leak, FBI, and police.  It all seems so very strange.  Ten foot fences around secret pepper gardens being raided by the Pepper Pirates.  Just the idea that this is going on makes me feel like the world has gone completely nuts.  But I guess it is big money involved so who knows?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5GGNDkUR3k

I thought the spawn of Satan pepper wasn't even going to be called "Pepper X", rather that was just the temporary term until he unleashed it in all of its glory on an unprepared earth with a moniker the equal of a Hemingway soliloquy.

With due respect to Puckerbutt Pepper Company and all folk who develop new peppers, the theme music to Mission Impossible now gets stuck in my head when ever I read about a new pepper.  More so when Puckerbutt is involved, but figure that is just cause they are bigger than most of the others so of course more Spy vs. Spy stuff going on there.  So the following should be considered a conspiracy theory.

Color of Pepper X - Someone noted the Last Dab hot sauce changed from green to red.  They said they wrote to the sauce promoters and was told that is what peppers do, they mature from green to red.  Kind of a goofy answer considering the wide range of pepper colors.  But they seem to have indicated the first bottles of Last Dab were made with immature red peppers and the later bottles were made with mature peppers.  Seems odd, but OK.

Ah, but the peppers reviewed by FBI seem to be not only green out of immaturity but they had some of that mustard green that I have only seen develop on peppers that finish green.  They kind of look like what I would expect from Green Moruga.  The FBI reviewer certainly thinks they were green mature rather than red immature.  He rants about how there is no way a green can be hotter than reds.  True or not, he is experienced with peppers and felt it was a mature green.

So is the thing green or red? 

I apologize.  I am going down the same rabbit hole as when the lineage of the Carolina Reaper was stated differently over and over again.  I have to wonder if maybe that is some sort of marketing thing.  I think the FBI reviewer said the post mark was from the same state as Puckerbutt is in.  So could have been a disgruntled employee or it could be Puckerbutt itself doig some sort of marketing thing.  I got no clue but the mystery is falling into my obsessive compulsive problem.

MeatHead1313 said:
IIRC it was supposed to have been at the start ofthe month. From what I've read after pepper x was leaked it won't get anything from Guinness.

So someone comes up with a pepper twice as hot as the Carolina Reaper, gets lots of media, puts it in a hot sauce, and says Guinness will officially announce it this month.  Somewhere in there, the color changes from green to red and then back again.  Then, somewhere around the deadline it is stolen and there is an unauthorized release / leak (spy terms there) so there will be no announcement from Guinness and the pepper / seeds will not be released?

So RIP pepper x?

NIbbles said:
when will there be results I am starting to give up on puckerbutt

I believe Mr. Currie said the Guinness announcement and test results would be out last month.  Unless I am remembering wrong, Pepper X has gone the route of Death Strain, Dragon's Breath, and all the other next hottest peppers in the world. 

That or they are hiding in fear for the Magical Unicorn Toe Pepper.  Its infinity squared hot you know.  Even its picture can kill.

yes. they are Scared that if they submit it to Guinness because the Magical Unicorn Toe Pepper will come to Puckerbutt and kill them all by its look. all hail the Magical Unicorn Toe Pepper!

There are rumors that it can kill you in your sleep just by dreaming about it.  I heard that if you say its name into a candle lit mirror at midnight, you are sure to be nothing but ash by morning.

Back