• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

Chili night!

Dusted off my old competition recipe and made some chili last night. Last time I made it with leftover pork butt but it's meant to be made with smoked brisket. Made some cornbread on the side and of course large amounts of butter to go with it.

That looks mighty fine! Did it cook longer or was it served like that?

No cheese? :mope: lol j/k

I make mine in a crockpot, and use 3 blocks of cheese. Usually a block each of habanero, horseradish, and pepperjack

When the leftovers come out of the fridge, it congeals up so much, you can cut it like cake because of all the cheese :rofl:

Chili cheese dogs yes. Cheese IN the chili? Wonder if that's like beans.  :lol:

Bean is a 4 letter word. Under no circumstances will I ever put beans in my chili. It's only meant to be a filler in competition batches served to the public. Most competitions they are not even allowed for the batch served to the panel of judges.

I'm not entering any competitions, can I add it in my own home? :shocked:

Nice. Good luck! I haven't done a competition in years. It was a lot of fun though. Just a ton of prep that goes into doing one. And money.

MikeUSMC said:
Please tell me I'm not the only one who puts cheese IN the chili.....
You talking about putting it in the entire batch or mixed into an individual serving? Either way, If its what you like then go for it. Just like beans. I guess.. lol

Back