• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Painapple

Quick question, does anyone know the origins of the painapple pepper? Are seeds available? Thanks in advance, Cheers!

labuyo said:

Not the same. You are correct though. I don't sell the seeds. Although there's a member here I made the mistake of sending pods who is. 

That being said. I'm always happy to trade or even just send seeds. Only condition is you know they aren't stable yet, you participate in the growout community thread and that you don't sell my seeds or pods to others as above mentioned. They aren't stable yet. 

If you end up getting a pheno that catches my eye I may ask for you to ship me some seeds. 

honestly though, there wasn't anything in my f2's that tasted nearly as good as the f1 phenos. Very baccatum and soapy. I'm growing a few more f2 this year in hopes of finding something different. 

I plan on trying to grow some F2's again this year.  I had overwintered one of my original Painapple plants last season and got a bunch more seeds so who knows.  I know my first year F2's crossed with a red pepper and gave me baccatum-ish blobby red peppers.  They tasted great so I did save seeds from them, and will probably grow one out this year, but it lost its coolness once is crossed with something else...

Back