•  

The 11th Annual Hot Pepper Awards - WINNERS ANNOUNCED!

Photo

changing color

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#41 cmwr

cmwr

Mild

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 23 December 2017 - 08:20 AM

I wouldn't reboil.

I just got an order of my first bottles and lids. Would you not fill all the bottles, cap tightly, and boil in a water bath?

Edited by cmwr, 23 December 2017 - 08:21 AM.

#1A Guest

• Pip
  • 1 post

#42 Walchit

Walchit

Smokin' Hot

• Extreme
  • 1,852 posts
  • aka:Bhuthead Andy

Posted 23 December 2017 - 09:06 AM

I added a splash of pomegranate juice to one of my bottles of red sauce and it really made it a much deeper red, purpleish almost. I don't think you water bath hot sauces, just hot fill/hold upside down.

#43 cmwr

cmwr

Mild

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 23 December 2017 - 09:11 AM

I added a splash of pomegranate juice to one of my bottles of red sauce and it really made it a much deeper red, purpleish almost. I don't think you water bath hot sauces, just hot fill/hold upside down.

Yes but what about sauce that you pre made ahead of time and has been sitting in the fridge in a mason jar? I want to transfer it to bottles and it has been refrigerated for a week and a half at least.

#44 Walchit

Walchit

Smokin' Hot

• Extreme
  • 1,852 posts
  • aka:Bhuthead Andy

Posted 23 December 2017 - 09:27 AM

Heat it up in a pan before u bottle it I think. Hopefully someone else will chime in on the food safety issue.

#45 MikeUSMC

MikeUSMC

Smokin' Hot

• Extreme
  • 2,804 posts
  • aka:Iron Mike

Posted 23 December 2017 - 11:48 AM

I just got an order of my first bottles and lids. Would you not fill all the bottles, cap tightly, and boil in a water bath?

Not if they're the plastic caps; they'll probably melt, lol. I've heard that 'they' do sell metal caps that can be BWBed, but I've never looked into it. Don't try it with the plastic caps though ;)

Yes but what about sauce that you pre made ahead of time and has been sitting in the fridge in a mason jar? I want to transfer it to bottles and it has been refrigerated for a week and a half at least.

Reboil and fill the (sanitized) bottles while the sauce is at 190*F(?), using the "hot fill hold" method (check the Hot Sauce 101 thread)

Edited by MikeUSMC, 24 December 2017 - 09:49 AM.

GIVE WAR A CHANCE

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests