• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

12/12/2017 The Journey Begins

A wile back I posted this forum about my plan and if it would work http://thehotpepper.com/topic/66583-cross-breeding/
In this glog, I am going to post once or twice a week, about how the cross works out and the problems I am probably going to face. sadly my reaper and scorpion have died due to a hard frost and mushy stems. I planted the seeds I need a week ago and will post a picture when I see sprouts. the cross is going to be between a (scorpion x reaper) x (bhutlah x scottch bonnet). hopefully I get some cool looking, hot pods that taste great. I want the heat to pass the reaper (90% sure it will) with a great taste. If there is a pod that you a bunch of you guys like the look of then I will stabilize that cross and try to send some seeds to you, but no promises. I will mainly be taking the seeds of the hottest peppers, with the biggest placenta, and best taste.when I get the final cross I hope to share some seeds with you, and let you guys come up with a name for it.I hope you guys enjoy the journey as much as I will. :dance:

I am planing to make a green house out of spare materials in the house to help germination and growing of the plants

until the seeds sprout, my question is, do you guys thing a trenadad moruga scorpion, or a trenadad scorpion butch T would be better in the cross? I have both because it was a buy 1 get one free deal. :P 

Edmick said:
Good luck, buddy. There are a lot of people on here experienced with crossing that i'm sure have some information to help you with your project.

I wish I knew who some of these people are so I could ask them for tips

just made a green house for the young peppers out of old material in the house

Attachments

• GOPR25071.JPG
    GOPR25071.JPG
    95.9 KB · Views: 70
my trenadad moruga scorpion just germinated but one "leaf" seemed to have died. is there anything to be worried about or anything i can do to fix this?sorry the image quality is bad.

Attachments

• GOPR25431.JPG
    GOPR25431.JPG
    80.8 KB · Views: 71
ok. sadly the seeds to the reaper and chocolate bhutlah where busted and could not grow. I planted some anyways hoping but with mo success. :(

just re-potted my baby cayenne pepper into its final pot. I hope to see huge growth because it had a lot of roots in the pot. also my reaper and buht seeds came today. some were a lot where crushed but hopefully some will grow.there is still no growth on my scorpions yet, but hope that they will soon grow their first set of leaves. If anyone knows hot to speed up growth on the first set of leaves i would love to know.

Attachments

• GOPR25581.JPG
    GOPR25581.JPG
    177.5 KB · Views: 66
my chocolate bhutlah and reaper have finally germinated. I a still waiting on y yellow scotch bonnet and roots have been found coming from a seed.

Attachments

• GOPR26121.JPG
    GOPR26121.JPG
    70.1 KB · Views: 66
  • GOPR26101.JPG
    GOPR26101.JPG
    97.5 KB · Views: 60
  • GOPR26111.JPG
    GOPR26111.JPG
    70 KB · Views: 58
The Hot Pepper said:
Gotta plant multiple seeds, some will make it, some won't.
Absolutely.  I always sow for overkill, at least three
seeds for every one plant I want in the end. If they
all sprout, then I've got a lot to choose from. If only
a few, at least I still have a plant.  That saved me with
the F5 cross this season.  Only four sprouted and I
had to grow out two of those as cuttings, but at least
I still had plants.

When you figure time and energy as well as wasted
materials, it's cost effective to start as many as possible,
leaving a few seeds aside for emergencies or banking. 

I know this is completely off topic but my tortoise, Nibbles, (that's where my username comes from) woke up today! so I wanted to show you guys a pic.

Attachments

• GOPR26151.JPG
    GOPR26151.JPG
    108.1 KB · Views: 69
What do you call a flying tortoise?...... A shellicopter! bhahaha! a shellicopter.... I crack myself up.

Back