• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

contest Growdown Throwdown 2018 Yellow Brain Strain!

Pepper-Guru

Extreme Member
Here we grow again! Better to get this started now, a variety voted on, find a vendor and get the seeds ordered! 

Same rules as 2017:

1. Seeds hit dirt no sooner than Jan 1 2018
2. Germinate and grow as many as you want, but pick only one to be harvested from and weighed. 
3. All grow styles and techniques welcome.
4. All harvests are to be weighed, recorded, photographed and posted as they occur.
5. Contest ends Jan 1 2019 @ 12:01 am. Whomever harvests the most weight off one plant during the 365 day period is crowned the Growdown Throwdown king!
6. Honor system only. No cheating. You lie and I'll KNOW! 

Now, let the voting begin.

Growdown Throwdown 2018 Yellow Brain Strain!

Awesome! There's a few that I think would work great. Have you guys thought about having it narrowed down to a few? For example, people could compete with Brazilian Starfish, Yellow Brain Strain, and Aji Fantasy. Maybe that would get complicated.

ColdSmoke said:
Thanks for setting this up again Guru

sobelri said:

Agreed.  Thanks!

Geonerd said:
Thanks for organizing this again.
I'd be happy to PP a few $ to offset costs.

No worries! We're cutting it close this year! ha 

Walchit said:
How long till the poll ends?

Dunno maybe another few days for voting to really get going and we will call it so everyone can get seeds. 

IdahoPepper said:
Awesome! There's a few that I think would work great. Have you guys thought about having it narrowed down to a few? For example, people could compete with Brazilian Starfish, Yellow Brain Strain, and Aji Fantasy. Maybe that would get complicated.
Way too complicated. Easier if we just all vote on one and go balls to the wall on that one variety. I mean, I ain't scared but still...

If Fatalii or Yellow Brain Strain win, I could possible provide seeds. Should have plenty

Here are the ones I have:

35791626242_4a8c1e767e_b.jpg

34789679673_6ba32141d9_b.jpg

I don't know about the taste of brain strain, but I grew fatalii before and the taste was too much like habanero which I dislike...

MarcV said:
I don't know about the taste of brain strain, but I grew fatalii before and the taste was too much like habanero which I dislike...

If you don't like Fatalii, you'll be happy to know the Yellow Brain Strain is just like that and for me, at least, they trade back and forth on heat level. Different burns but sometimes I swear Fatalii is the hottest pepper I've put in my mouth. The thing thats great about them is how the flavor lasts all day, even in burps...ha
Two of my favorite peppers besides certain asian annums and peruvian white chinense

Back