• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Buncha Malarky 2018 edition

Welcome to 2018
There is probably not going to be a whole lot of action around here until March 1st when I'll start soaking seeds.
I was overwhelmed in 2017, starting in January was not a good idea. This year I plan to pot up the plants in stride and avoid being root bound. Starting in March and outside in buckets in the middle to end of May. I'll probably try to sell excess plants locally on CL/FB as well, instead of trying to keep every seed I sprout alive myself.

2018 Grow List so far...
SB7J
7pot Cinder
PDN x Bonda
Peach Bhut-WM strain
CGN21500-WM strain
LemonDrop
PapaDreadie SS-Good Pheno from TGCM :pray:
Aji Limo Rojo
Aji Limo Amarillo
Aji Panca
Giant Red Rocoto
Peruvian Red Rocoto-OW
Yellow Brainstrain-Growdown

I'm really struggling to decide if I should grow Aji Amarillo, Big Red Rocoto's, and maybe even Panca now that I found frozen amarillos/rocotos and panca paste at the store now. And the amarillos and rocoto's take soo long to ripen...
I'd like to fit in Aji Dulce, Aji Arnaucho, cgn23209, SugarRush Peach and Trepadeira do Werner, but I don't know. 

I've got enough BahaGoats in the freezer to last me I think. I actually might have enough Amarillos too now that I think of it.
I'm growing cgn21500 just to finally get it off my bucket list. I hope its good.
The more I type, the more bummed i get that i can't grow all these...

Happy New Year!
Aji de Gallina on rice! Sweet pickled green Amarillo rings.
Spiced it up with one runty Peach Bhut and now my nose is running.
nLVOpVZ.jpg

8MzKEAI.jpg

Dv7DAc3.jpg

BrandySlush to cool down with
OGD to sip on till midnight
US0WebW.jpg

Cheers everyone! Happy Growing in 2018.
My growdown YBS gets soaked at Midnight...and that's it till march lol

His will be done, His kingdom come
On earth as is above
Who is Himself our daily bread
Praise Him, the Lord of love

Let living water satisfy
The thirsty without price
We'll take a cup of kindness yet
All glory be to Christ!

Nice grow list Matt! You might want to reconsider the Aji Panca though unless growing inside under lights... the one time I tried growing them outside I got big healthy plants that were loaded with pods, but none of them ripened before frost hit. Cheers!

Picked up a FREE Aerogarden Classic 7 with newer bulbs on CL the other day. The lady said it didn't want to circulate the water anymore...
OGKRmFo.jpg

so I spent a couple hours tinkering around with it and cleaning everything up with vinegar, dishsoap and elbow grease.
TaDaaa
G5qxu1l.jpg

YBS for the growdown soaked for 24 hours and now they are in the incubator on some papertowel at a balmy 84F. I expect them to pop in the next few days...

Malarky said:
Just whipped up a batch of Stickman's Backdraft sauce. Very easy and tasty!
16 bonnets (I used goats), 3 cloves of garlic, 1/4 cup honey, and an 8oz jar of huyfong garlic chili sauce.
WQLktLy.jpg
I should say I got the recipe from a library book... It's not my concoction, but it's a great sauce and keeps well in the 'fridge. ☺

Sent from my LGL44VL using Tapatalk

AjiOro/Yellow Manzano and Passionfruit Jam! Been waiting all year to make it!
It's delicious.
1eoJgxT.jpg

QpbBUDh.jpg

LjD671g.jpg

It tastes and smells really good. Way better than anything chinense.
It didn't set the first time so I had to reprocess with more pectin, lemon juice and sugar.
It looks promising now
So I'll post a final picture with a spread later.
I also got my new pH meter calibrated and I'm all set to make 1010's LemonDrop Sauce tonight!

Malarky said:
I leave you with a picture of a glass of elderberry wine I bottled over 4 years ago while on leave for the birth of my daughter.
Last bottle...damn.
Firstly yum, and secondly, I know the feeling. In 2016 I succumbed to re possessing the last two bottles of my absinthe from family members that still hadnt opened theirs. I usually give my home brew stuff/crafts out as gifts around Christmas. Felt bad about taking them back, but hey they werent into it and those regrets quickly faded after opening the bottle again after all that time. What a good sip that batch was.

Malarky said:
AjiOro/Yellow Manzano and Passionfruit Jam! Been waiting all year to make it!
It's delicious.
1eoJgxT.jpg

QpbBUDh.jpg

LjD671g.jpg

It tastes and smells really good. Way better than anything chinense.
It didn't set the first time so I had to reprocess with more pectin, lemon juice and sugar.
It looks promising now
So I'll post a final picture with a spread later.
I also got my new pH meter calibrated and I'm all set to make 1010's LemonDrop Sauce tonight!
The jelly looks great!

AjiOro,Yellow Manzano, and Passionfruit jam.
Sunshine in a jar! Very good! Tropical aromatics. Pleasant fullmouth burn. Well balanced acidity and sweetness.
iYG8nRf.jpg

1010's LemonDrop Sauce...Go!
I don't know if Terry invented it, but he posted it. And it's good.
3Nu1Z3z.jpg

Fgiiysg.jpg

DVZxdLX.jpg

FLRj4MM.jpg

I4kFFDA.jpg

F8SirnE.jpg

qWK7Dy8.jpg

Up next, PeterStanley's PomBomb jam, Rick's MooseBreath sauce, TB's TresPutas Pequin Sauce, and a mess of AJ's Puree

Back