4 replies to this topic

#1 Rabbit91476

Rabbit91476

Mild

• Members
  • Pip
  • 68 posts

Posted 16 December 2017 - 08:36 AM

would like some ideas for a habanero/mango salsa. kids are out of school need something to ferment. have a few ghost peppers to add to the mix if needed.

thanks

#1A Guest

• Pip
  • 1 post

#2 Howiest

Howiest

Mild

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 22 December 2017 - 05:46 PM

I have a habanero mango ferment going now. I can't tell you if it's any good, it's one of my first, but here is what I have going...

~500grams orange habanero

~1500 grams small sweetish yellow, orange and red peppers

2 mangos peeled

2 medium red onions

3 heads of garlic

~100 grams sea salt

Split this into 4 quarts about 2/3 full, with a little left over to process in the blender with apple cider vinegar and lime juice.

I may get in to one of the ferments at the 3 week mark to try it, that'll be about tomorrow, and the overflow I processed immediately got rave reviews from the guys at work.

#3 Rabbit91476

Rabbit91476

Mild

• Members
  • Pip
  • 68 posts

Posted 22 December 2017 - 06:14 PM

I may pick up a gallon jug and do one big batch.  do you ferment with the vinegar and lime juice in it?  are you doin a mash or brine?

#4 dragonsfire

dragonsfire

On Fire!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,482 posts

Posted 22 December 2017 - 07:21 PM

I like to add some natural apple cider vinegar to the mix too, nice sweet sour combo.

#5 Howiest

Howiest

Mild

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 27 December 2017 - 05:47 PM

I may pick up a gallon jug and do one big batch.  do you ferment with the vinegar and lime juice in it?  are you doin a mash or brine?

I'm doing a mash with just the above items. Anything left over that didn't fit in the jars I process with the vinegar and lime juice. They're my first attempts, so I expect to tweak the fermented stuff when it's done.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests