• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Rajun Gardener

Rajun Gardener

Heating Up

• Extreme
  • 376 posts

Posted 17 December 2017 - 07:26 PM

I don't know if everyone spends money on potting soil but Walmart has a deal going on some top notch stuff. I haven't used it before but I talked to a few people who love it.

• Foxfarm 3.8 cu. ft.
  • Lucky dog k-9 cube growers blend soil
  • Contains pedigree ingredients
  • Mycorrhizal fungi and earthworm castings
  • Formulated to optimize nutrient availability to plants
  • Beneficial microbes expand root development and provide more opportunity for nutrient availabilit

https://www.walmart....d-Soil/54998372

#1A Guest

• Pip
  • 1 post

#2 MeatHead1313

MeatHead1313

Smokin' Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,158 posts

Posted 17 December 2017 - 10:17 PM

I haven't seen any Fox Farms products at my local Walmarts before, but I know the local nursery I frequent started carrying it so may have to check it out. Just in time for seed starting too.

It's better to be hated for being who you are, than loved for being who you are not.

#3 Rajun Gardener

Rajun Gardener

Heating Up

• Extreme
  • 376 posts

Posted 17 December 2017 - 10:40 PM

Check the price at the nursery, I bet WM is cheaper with this sale. 

WM should have Pro-Mix in stock this year for about $17 for a bale(4cuft) too but it's the cheaper Pro-Mix. I used it last year with no problems.

#4 Rajun Gardener

Rajun Gardener

Heating Up

• Extreme
  • 376 posts

Posted 17 December 2017 - 10:41 PM

I haven't seen any Fox Farms products at my local Walmarts before, but I know the local nursery I frequent started carrying it so may have to check it out. Just in time for seed starting too.

YO, just saw you're in Maurice.... What nursery has it?

#5 Voodoo 6

Voodoo 6

Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 860 posts
  • aka:Voodoo

Posted 18 December 2017 - 01:18 AM

Why ya all spending money on soil in Louisiana when you have the swamps right there. Best soil around, chock full of nutrients. Dry it, sift it, Don't get bit by gators. Cheers!

#6 MeatHead1313

MeatHead1313

Smokin' Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,158 posts

Posted 18 December 2017 - 08:40 AM

YO, just saw you're in Maurice.... What nursery has it?

All Seasons in Lafayette. They must have only just recently started carrying Fox Farms as they didn't have it a couple of months ago.

It's better to be hated for being who you are, than loved for being who you are not.

#7 The Hot Pepper

The Hot Pepper

On Fire!

• Administrators
  • 42,164 posts
  • aka:Pookie
  • (x3)

Posted 18 December 2017 - 09:44 AM

I haven't seen any Fox Farms products at my local Walmarts before,

Walmart is competing with amazon now, what is online it totally different, and you can pretty much get anything.

You'll turn a three hand job into a one hand sausage cranking, one hand sausage guiding machine.

#8 Rajun Gardener

Rajun Gardener

Heating Up

• Extreme
  • 376 posts

Posted 18 December 2017 - 11:43 AM

Walmart is competing with amazon now, what is online it totally different, and you can pretty much get anything.

Last year Walmart had Pro=Mix in stock in all the stores around here. It's different from the original stuff, I think they're making a cheaper version. This is the stuff they carried.  http://www.promixgar...lue-size-mixes/

#9 Walchit

Walchit

Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 709 posts

Posted 19 December 2017 - 12:19 PM

I saw pro mix at Walmart too, not Fox farm though. Walmart needs to stock woozies too while they are at it.

#10 ReaperTheRed

ReaperTheRed

Mild

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 19 December 2017 - 11:33 PM

I got the last one! I have ordered 3 others previously from Wal-Mart. You can't beat the price. At my nursery it's $50.

#11 Chewi

Chewi

Smokin' Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,785 posts
  • aka:Ilikebeer, grillmaster

Posted 03 January 2018 - 12:07 PM

All Seasons in Lafayette. They must have only just recently started carrying Fox Farms as they didn't have it a couple of months ago.

You aren't going with Berger again this year? I absolutely LOVED that stuff and am so down for 2018 in it!

#12 MeatHead1313

MeatHead1313

Smokin' Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,158 posts

Posted 03 January 2018 - 03:23 PM

You aren't going with Berger again this year? I absolutely LOVED that stuff and am so down for 2018 in it!

Possibly. All depends what works out to be the cheapest. Need to save money for the baby stuff we'll need.
That said, I loved the Berger mix as well. Drained extremely well which was awesome considering how wet it was here last summer.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests