#3 tctenten

tctenten

On Fire!

• Extreme
  • 12,699 posts

Posted 22 December 2017 - 07:21 AM

Another great review.

Cannot wait to try these.

Pookie will be very pleased that you described the aroma and not the smell.

Well done!!!

#4 MikeUSMC

MikeUSMC

Smokin' Hot

• Extreme
  • 3,175 posts
  • aka:Iron Mike

Posted 22 December 2017 - 09:29 AM

Pookie will be very pleased that you described the aroma and not the smell.

TRUTH!
"I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you f*ck with me, I'll kill you all."
-General James "Mad Dog" Mattis (to Iraqi tribal leaders, 2006)

#5 Edmick

Edmick

Smokin' Hot

• Moderators
  • 3,043 posts

Posted 22 December 2017 - 01:31 PM

Thanks guys. The wife is on vacay through the new year so hopefully after I get a little peace and quiet again I'll do another review. Gonna go do a little shopping today and see if I can find any interesting sauces.

#6 Edmick

Edmick

Smokin' Hot

• Moderators
  • 3,043 posts

Posted 22 December 2017 - 05:25 PM

I actually just talked my wife into doing a sauce review with me next week. Should be fun.

#7 MikeUSMC

MikeUSMC

Smokin' Hot

• Extreme
  • 3,175 posts
  • aka:Iron Mike

Posted 29 January 2018 - 11:51 AM

"Clearly Guilty"

Oddly enough, I'm getting the strong aroma of garlic and peppers upfront, instead of white vinegar (that I'd expect) from this clear hot sauce right from the bottle. Once poured onto a spoon, that's where the pungent white vinegar (and garlic) smell shows up. Delicious garlicky vinegar tang, followed by the delicious flavor of the chunk of Reaper floating around in the bottle. The flavor is accompanied by a creeping heat that grips the sides of my tongue and burns the lips. Tongue burn fades rather quickly, but lip burn lingers for a quite some time. This is a very tasty sauce that I could easily see using to spice up some bland vegetables (especially greens), alcoholic drinks, or mixed with salad dressing. Simple ingredients list, but a deliciously complex flavor. It'd go very good with anything you'd like to add garlicky, vinegary heat to. Heat level would probably be considered "Very Hot" to a non-chilehead. This is a very unique, fantastic sauce

Thanks again, Reggie!

http://www.warrantmanpepperco.com/

Edited by MikeUSMC, 29 January 2018 - 11:54 AM.

"I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you f*ck with me, I'll kill you all."
-General James "Mad Dog" Mattis (to Iraqi tribal leaders, 2006)

#8 jhc

jhc

Heating Up

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 364 posts

Posted 06 February 2018 - 03:00 AM

I've been a big fan of soy sauce, rice vinegar, and sambal oleek as a potsticker dipping sauce. With my sort-of-recent move, I found I had no rice vinegar one night. No worries, just sub in Clearly Guilty in place of the vinegar and the chili sauce. Suffice to say this was quite a bit hotter but really delicious.

#9 Edmick

Edmick

Smokin' Hot

• Moderators
  • 3,043 posts

Posted 06 February 2018 - 07:08 PM

I've been a big fan of soy sauce, rice vinegar, and sambal oleek as a potsticker dipping sauce. With my sort-of-recent move, I found I had no rice vinegar one night. No worries, just sub in Clearly Guilty in place of the vinegar and the chili sauce. Suffice to say this was quite a bit hotter but really delicious.

Ever added sesame oil to your potsticker sauce? It's awesome but a little goes a long way so use sparingly.

#10 tctenten

tctenten

On Fire!

• Extreme
  • 12,699 posts

Posted 11 February 2018 - 09:17 AM

I just cracked this one open and it is superb

I guess I am a southerner at heart. I love the vinegar forward sauces that WarrantMan is producing. Nice twang, nice heat and great flavor.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests