D-240

Howdy! Anyone use the D-240 in a recipe yet? Any thoughts? Cheers!

ywmLhwm.jpg

I've used belgin candi syrup in a few quads and tripels. I haven't used the D-420, but I used a darker candi syrup on a quad I brewed a few years ago. It came out really well.

I have used the d-45 and d-90 before, and like the description they give for it:

D-240™ - Available now in bulk 50lb containers. The brewing industry's darkest candi syrup with strong notes of dark raisin, black currant, and deeply roasted caramel. An exceedingly superior syrup for superior all dark and dark-brut Belgian Ale's.

Wondering how it would do in an oatmeal stout. Thanks for the reply Chilemonster! Cheers!

Trying to create a recipe for a toasted fruitcake like holiday beer.

I wouldn't personally use it in an oatmeal stout, but most likely a high ABV Quad. I like to keep my oatmeal stouts all grain, and free from sugar additions, since the yeast I use for lower ABV stouts/porters(Wyeast 1084), tends to kick off some fusels that I don't care for, and need time to smooth out.

I would hink this candi sugar would synergize well with some toasted crystal malts, and WLP500.

Been going thru all the malts from Northern Brewer and Texas Brewing. I will run it by here once i think I have a recipe. Thanks again and please keep the ideas coming. Cheers!! Wonder if there is a cross between an abbey and a stout...

Back