• If you have a question about commercial production or the hot sauce business, please post in The Food Biz.

condiment BBQ sauce #2

Ran out of the other sauce I made, so I'm gonna try to make something good and maybe give some away for Christmas. This is start to look like the Dr pepper of BBQ sauce (23 ingredients lol). I didn't wanna use my salsa, so I bought some Mrs renfros and some canned tomatoes. All of the BBQ sauce recipies I found called for ketchup and I didn't wanna use ketchup so I used salsa last time and it turned out great.
I will post some more pics as I make it, in my head I think it's gonna work.

If she's not careful she might get a bastering lol. And sorry about the multiple post guys, my phone freezes up often. Usually when I have something long typed up with more than one picture linked in and I cant really handle it lol

Tomatoes and salsa! And 3 tablespoons of salt, idk if that is a lot considering there was already salt in some ingredients.

Mixed everything together. If you can remember everything that's in there your 1 up on me lol.

Edit- Added 3 cups of dark brown sugar at this time. Along with a couple squirts of my reaper/vinegar sauce. I will have the wife snap a photo of that sauce too.

That mustard looks delicious and makes me want to make my own.

Walchit said:
Forgot I putsome of this in the last batch. I went ahead and threw it all in there, about 4 tablespoons.

Also threw in the juice from 2 lemons and 2 limes. Probably 3-4 tablespoons of raw honey and another cup of vinegar (half acv half white)

Edit- also added that jar of mango jam at this point

Back