• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

Best thing to do when it's -20 outside...

Best thing to do when it's -20 outside...

VEl0uiB.jpg

YkGuM47.jpg

DAjHUUD.jpg

GbkdlFf.jpg

2obVYa6.jpg

I thought these pics might bring back some good memories. Anybody else itching to do some cooking competitions?

t0mato said:
Those things are all the rage all of a sudden.

I can totally see why. This thing is to crock pots what my new Oster counter top convection oven is to toasters.
     My wife made a peanut coconut chicken curry dish in it last night and it turned out great in no time at all. And my baked beans should just take a little over an hour of total cooking time (including warm up and decompression).
     I think I'm going to put the delay start function to use later and make a pot of steel cut oatmeal for breakfast tomorrow. How cool will that be to set that litte robot pot (ropot?) up to cook a batch of oats and have them ready to eat right when I walk in the kitchen. Or even keep them warm if we sleep in late.
     This thing is going to be so much fun to play with! I totally would have won every TD I entered if I had had it back then...  :tear:  It's too bad I'll never have a chance to prove it...  :D 

My wife showed me a pic of some girl that supposedly got burnt up my one of those smart pot things, said the mom went to open it or release pressure or something and it exploded.

Guatemalan Insanity Pepper said:
I thought  :think: this thread was gonna be about ice fishin...

muskymojo said:

That's what I was thinking.

Fine. I guess this is the ice fishing thread now. Here's a nice eater size wally I caught on Red lake a while back.

You can tell by the slightly inebriated look on my face that I'm doing it right. :cheers:
QszpXpC.jpg

Back