• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

Just made Chicken Lo Mein with lots of Aji Findlandia.

JpiUGNV.jpg

Ha...does look like beef too...what I did is I soaked the bigger portions  of chicken  breast overnight in a marinade of Chinese 5 spice powder,soy sauce,ginger,garlic & cayenne and a sml amt of rum & sesame oil ..the soy sauce & the 5 spice gave it that dark  coating .makes it look like dark meat.
but once I cooked  and sliced it in smaller pieces,the inner part  is lighter than  the outside...as per photo..thanks for the compliment. ;)

wiriwiri said:
I see we have a Knicks fan  welcome ...I do like Kristaps Porziņģis...but he seems to play one then out 2 games with injuries.
Love the Big Apple..miss it lots,esp. the food. ;)

w00t w00t yes i love the Knicks Porzingis can be a great one i want him to toughen up i love the old Knicks Ewing my man Charles Oakley,John Starks that damn Michael Jordan killed them though :( lol

John Starks ..yes...liked him...the worst thing about the Knicks is Dolan & the next worst was hiring Phil Jackson...set them back
many yrs...now they have to play come from behind..will see,they are not ready for prime time....in the meantime  back in the Bronx..my Yankees are set for a great year. :P

Looks pretty good bro. Looks like a perfect candidate for some huy fong chili garlic sauce too.

wiriwiri said:
John Starks ..yes...liked him...the worst thing about the Knicks is Dolan & the next worst was hiring Phil Jackson...set them back
many yrs...now they have to play come from behind..will see,they are not ready for prime time....in the meantime  back in the Bronx..my Yankees are set for a great year. :P

I feel like Anthony Mason gets short changed when we speak of that Knicks team. 

Beautiful. Looks like a restaurant! I'd add sliced mushroom and water chestnut, love that crunch. :)

The Hot Pepper said:
Beautiful. Looks like a restaurant! I'd add sliced mushroom and water chestnut, love that crunch. :)

Would do that,but the household not likin' the 'rooms :(  I added a lot of veges..doesn't look it in that huge
cast iron wok...
Does have lots of spinach/carrots/cabbage & of course scallion & onions...didn't have bean sprouts on hand.,
Thanks for the compliments  P:)   ...U Da Bestest. :drooling:

Like that scallion pancake...used to go to those hole in the wall restauants in Chinatown mostly near Canal st...best
food eva :P  ...I do make steam buns/char siu bao...lots of work..but such a treat..love the spongy dumpling& the filling oh..I could eat one  of those ahora
;)
steamed-bbq-pork-buns-11.jpg

Back