• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

D3's 2018. This will be a good year.

2018 already, time sure does fly by  :shocked:

Been a member on this forum a few years now (2013?). This has to be a record for me. I usually change hobbies by now. Maybe it's because we get a few months down time to relax and take a break from caring for plants. 

Here's the growlogs of the past

D3 2017 Keeping it mild

D3monic's Crossing Project/Community Grow

D3's 2016 Growlog

D3monic's 2015 Glog. Lots of pods

D3monic's 2014 Glog n Gardening bonanza

I'm getting things ready for this years grow. Looking at adding a new grow light for seedlings. I had some nice LED ones but they are starting to go out and my t5 fixture stopped working. Probably the ballast but who knows. 

I'm looking at ordering this one https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B019J3UPUS/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?smid=A18TGAB2SJ5GBJ&psc=1 I just need to make sure it will fit on my bakers shelf right. Should be plenty bright enough for plant starts. 

I haven't come up with a list of plants for this year yet. I know it's going to be mostly my crosses with maybe a few I plan on crossing and some for hotsauce. 

We have a couple smaller lower grade versions of that growlight and they do pretty well.

Good luck with your grow this year. I'm looking forward to seeing your plants.

Seems to be the year for light replacements.  My theory is that early speed bumps lead to a smooth season.  Best of luck this year!  Love following all of the crosses!

I'm thinking of ordering that one myself for my seedlings. Both my MH's are working over time on my over winters and another project. I didn't forget those seeds I'll be getting them out this week. 

t0mato said:
We have a couple smaller lower grade versions of that growlight and they do pretty well.

Good luck with your grow this year. I'm looking forward to seeing your plants.

Thanks, glad someone had some input on the brand of light. Price didn't seem too bad. I can always use it for a fish tank later if I need to. 

NeedsWork said:
Seems to be the year for light replacements.  My theory is that early speed bumps lead to a smooth season.  Best of luck this year!  Love following all of the crosses!

Thanks, i've been overdue for new lights. Hopefully get some new crosses out this year. 

Mr.CtChilihead said:
I'm thinking of ordering that one myself for my seedlings. Both my MH's are working over time on my over winters and another project. I didn't forget those seeds I'll be getting them out this week. 

I'll order it today should take a week to get here. Just enough time to get a few bags of ocean forest and some new seed trays. I want new ones this year. Last ones are a few years old and don't want to recycle any pathogens. 

No need for that massive 8 bulb T-5  (bulbs are $12 each)

Get two 2 bulb T-5's and space them 2' to 4' apart or in line end to end.

I had no problem using only 2 of the 4 bulbs in my unit last season.....it had 78 plants under it before things over grew the space.

Masher said:
No need for that massive 8 bulb T-5  (bulbs are $12 each)

Get two 2 bulb T-5's and space them 2' to 4' apart or in line end to end.

I had no problem using only 2 of the 4 bulbs in my unit last season.....it had 78 plants under it before things over grew the space.

Nice to have the option of running 8 bulbs..Don't have to run them all at once. But for me doing all kinds of growing projects having a florescent that can double as a 400MH fits the bill.

That one has two switches so can do 4 at a time if wanted eventually I'm finishing the basement with a 120 gal in wall planted aquarium in the bar. Will use the light for that in the end

some packages going out today, stopping by hydro store. They always growing some peppers so bringing them my crosses and a bottle of sweet thai to try. 

0cdR65Q.jpg

Digging through the seeds deciding what to grow this year. Here's what is certain so far. 

C8Nbzs4.jpg

D3 Goat Giant Pheno f4
D3 Goat Pale Yellow/white f4
D3 Goat Yellow with tail f3
El Scorponero Orange f3
El Scorponero Red f3
Devils Prick #3 cool ripening f3
7pot burgundy x cgn 21500 f2 red with tail
BOC x Aji pineapple
Hogsweed
Orange Wild Brazil
Pequin
Aji Amarillo x Caribbean red habanero f3
Aji Painapple f3 
Omni Bonnet f2
Jays Peach Ghost scorp
BOC
Reaper
Ghostly Peno f6
Yellow Fatalii x brainstrain
White bhut (long white)

Will probably add a few more

First round just hit the dirt. Each line represents 2 cells. I did some toying with small flat rate boxes and can get 4 plants with dividers into a box. Think i'm going to ship plugs this year. Probably charge $20-$25 a box. 

zGEzVug.jpg

FRuLpGX.jpg

Next round is soaking in tea and will hit the dirt tomorrow

White bullet hab
white bhut long true pheno
7pot burgundy x cgn 21500 f2
yellow fatalii x brainstrain
BOC
jays peach ghost scorp
lots of papa dreadie scotch bonnet select. 

Back