Smokin' Hot

• Extreme
  • 2,416 posts
  • aka:Bhuthead Andy

Posted 13 February 2018 - 08:22 AM

[quote name="D3monic" post="1519818" timestamp="1516522906"]

What LED strips did you order?

KIMG1129.JPG

I just built this thing, juanitos has a video that shows the 3014 strips being the best but I couldn't find any on prime so I ordered 5050 strips.

One roll of rgb+cw
Most of a roll of warm white
And they shorted me on my roll of cool white so I had to solder in a 6 led strip of the rgb+cw into one row

My dimmer switches will be here today, I will be able to control all the colors and both whites individually, thought maybe I could tune in the spectrum that way but I really have no idea how that works. If nothing else my wife got a pretty cool light for taking pictures lol.

Oh and it's powered off of an Xbox 360 power supply, 175 watts.

#1A Guest

• Pip
  • 1 post

#62 karoo

karoo

Smokin' Hot

• Extreme
  • 1,436 posts

Posted 13 February 2018 - 10:04 AM

​Good setup!

Looks like it will be a good year indeed.

Good luck .

" I wish I was as young as the first time I said, " I'm getting to old for this sh!t." "

#63 b3rnd

b3rnd

Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 639 posts

Posted 13 February 2018 - 11:42 AM

[quote name="D3monic" post="1519818" timestamp="1516522906"]

What LED strips did you order?

attachicon.gifKIMG1129.JPG

I just built this thing, juanitos has a video that shows the 3014 strips being the best but I couldn't find any on prime so I ordered 5050 strips.

One roll of rgb+cw
Most of a roll of warm white
And they shorted me on my roll of cool white so I had to solder in a 6 led strip of the rgb+cw into one row

My dimmer switches will be here today, I will be able to control all the colors and both whites individually, thought maybe I could tune in the spectrum that way but I really have no idea how that works. If nothing else my wife got a pretty cool light for taking pictures lol.

Oh and it's powered off of an Xbox 360 power supply, 175 watts.

Hey, cool setup there Walchit! I also ordered some strips after seeing that video, and I've got an old Xbox 360 power supply laying around. Care to share your process? I'm a total noob with this stuff.

It's a little chilly.

#64 Walchit

Walchit

Smokin' Hot

• Extreme
  • 2,416 posts

Posted 17 February 2018 - 07:46 AM

There are a lot of videos about making the 360 power supply work, when u cut the wire there will be a red, a blue, three yellow, and three black wires. The red has 5v all the time, when you hook it to the blue wire it turns in the 12v power to the yellow wires. So yellow is + black is -.

They have different sizes, 150, 175, and 203 watts. Different stips draw different watts, so u have to figure out how many u can run on one power supply. You are supposed to only run your power supply at 75-80 percent of what it's rated for

#65 D3monic

D3monic

On Fire!

• Extreme
  • 10,263 posts
  • aka:D3
  • (x6)

Posted 17 February 2018 - 08:11 PM

Things are coming along, I didn't have enough money this paycheck to order another light. Hopefully I will next check. I need to start potting some these up. Roots are already extending out the bottoms into the trays. 

ymLYc7y.jpg

QRHoEqJ.jpg

IP8TIEK.jpg

Still need to do some culling in this tray

B4RsNiS.jpg

Blue christmas popping up after 5 day

9mBTFEO.jpg

Find me on Instagram

Can I help it if I'm one of those fanatical TD fans?I got my #3 Demonic jersey on, my face is painted, and I cant stop yelling WOOOOOO!!

#66 ThatBlondGuy101

ThatBlondGuy101

Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 878 posts
  • aka:TBG
  • Location:21st Highest Town In Australia. (AKA a cold place kinda near Sydney)

Posted 18 February 2018 - 12:15 AM

Beautiful seedlings - never get tired of seeing fresh, healthy youngsters!
"When my wife finally comes to her senses and leaves me, I wanna move to a place warm enough where my chile plants can survive in the ground year-round." - Happily Married Chilli Addict

#67 D3monic

D3monic

On Fire!

• Extreme
  • 10,263 posts
  • (x6)

Posted 25 February 2018 - 09:26 AM

Potting up some of the plugs the other day. have a few trays worth to pot up yet. Then i'll have an idea of what I'll have available to ship if any at all. I need to set aside like 20 plants for my dad and also determine the best point to ship them without them being root bound either. So far they look like they could go a while longer in the plugs without that being an issue. Lights might be too bright though. Not getting much stretch or stem structure. 

HStZPz3.jpg

Bums Hot rod serrano x maui purple looks really good this year. All the plants are popping up dark purple. 

U1QQHV1.jpg

Find me on Instagram

Can I help it if I'm one of those fanatical TD fans?I got my #3 Demonic jersey on, my face is painted, and I cant stop yelling WOOOOOO!!

#68 Chewi

Chewi

Smokin' Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,934 posts
  • aka:Ilikebeer, grillmaster

Posted 26 February 2018 - 04:07 PM

Looking good man. Nice roots!!!!!

#69 santis00

santis00

Heating Up

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 227 posts

Posted 27 February 2018 - 01:21 PM

Looking good! Makes me sad though. I had my lights all set up and ready to go. I started my seeds (only 128...). Signs of first hooks took off the dome. Bought a smart plug to put my lights on a timer. As i pulled out the plug the freaking prongs came out of the power adapter! So I was without my lights for 3 days until a new one came in. Needless to say my plants got waaaay to leggy.. some of them are ok but others i am just going to pull and re-plant. only a couple weeks behind though.

Your plants, as always are looking amazing.

#70 Devv

Devv

On Fire!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,627 posts
  • aka:Scott

Posted 27 February 2018 - 06:41 PM

Looking good!

It's all about the pods....

#71 D3monic

D3monic

On Fire!

• Extreme
  • 10,263 posts
  • (x6)

Posted 27 February 2018 - 11:12 PM

Looking good! Makes me sad though. I had my lights all set up and ready to go. I started my seeds (only 128...). Signs of first hooks took off the dome. Bought a smart plug to put my lights on a timer. As i pulled out the plug the freaking prongs came out of the power adapter! So I was without my lights for 3 days until a new one came in. Needless to say my plants got waaaay to leggy.. some of them are ok but others i am just going to pull and re-plant. only a couple weeks behind though.

Your plants, as always are looking amazing.

Thanks, you should just be able to  bury them deeper should be fine

Edited by D3monic, 27 February 2018 - 11:12 PM.

Find me on Instagram

#72 D3monic

D3monic

On Fire!

• Extreme
  • 10,263 posts
  • (x6)

Posted 27 February 2018 - 11:14 PM

Looking good!

Thanks Devv, some look better than others. Not sure what it is with the BOC genetics but mine always look so whitish. Even the Aji pineapple x BOC is displaying that characteristic. Maybe I just need to start hitting everyone with Nitrogen. I been watering with dirty aquarium water for the most part. 

Find me on Instagram

#73 Genetikx

Genetikx

Smokin' Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 28 February 2018 - 12:29 AM

Thanks Devv, some look better than others. Not sure what it is with the BOC genetics but mine always look so whitish. Even the Aji pineapple x BOC is displaying that characteristic. Maybe I just need to start hitting everyone with Nitrogen. I been watering with dirty aquarium water for the most part. 

My aji pineapple x boc look slightly white too, although maybe growing out of it. I assume yours are from whp too. My regular boc I've been growing for years are strong and bumpy, maybe we can trade at some point if you want. We'll see how this year goes, haven't grown them in a few but they're coming along well at the moment

Edited by Genetikx, 28 February 2018 - 12:30 AM.

#74 D3monic

D3monic

On Fire!

• Extreme
  • 10,263 posts
  • (x6)

Posted 28 February 2018 - 03:05 PM

My aji pineapple x boc look slightly white too, although maybe growing out of it. I assume yours are from whp too. My regular boc I've been growing for years are strong and bumpy, maybe we can trade at some point if you want. We'll see how this year goes, haven't grown them in a few but they're coming along well at the moment

Once I get them outdoors they look and produce normal. Not sure if they have a higher nutrient demand or what. And yea, Justin sent me the seeds the cross

Find me on Instagram

#75 D3monic

D3monic

On Fire!

• Extreme
  • 10,263 posts
  • (x6)

Posted 02 March 2018 - 08:46 PM

Finally got my 3.5 x 5" pots in today. Still fits 18 per tray but nice and deep. Big difference

U8BQ1VU.jpg

tray up front is for my dad

jxOEzTG.jpg

PpANAsY.jpg

F0t93Cv.jpg

Q2KHeGX.jpg

cVqXAYQ.jpg

Find me on Instagram

#76 D3monic

D3monic

On Fire!

• Extreme
  • 10,263 posts
  • (x6)

Posted 02 March 2018 - 08:50 PM

These are all extra plugs, might sell or give away. 

S7TMUMQ.jpg

pain in a butt to keep watered in small seed tray like that though. Either over watered or damn near dying

PMJElOa.jpg

another probable accidental cross. Trinidad giant congo. Got one with purple foliage. Again pollen donor most likely pink tiger or yaki brown. 

weBoBDr.jpg

pgSv7xb.jpg

5ukeBVD.jpg

Find me on Instagram

#77 Devv

Devv

On Fire!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,627 posts
  • aka:Scott

Posted 02 March 2018 - 09:28 PM

I also have a few that when treated as the rest seem rather pale. I continue to treat them as I do all the others, and they're finally coming along. This year I've been using the Alaska Fish ferts; applying them in 1/4 doses and have been really pleased with the results. I've then added a local product called Hasta Gro, an organic urea based fert that has better coverage. AND ferti-lome chelated iron, that adds copper, iron, manganese, and zinc. I added these after they went into the #1 (6" diameter) pots. As they finally get added to the dirt, or containers, I wing it from there...LOL

I have a huge Ph (high) issue in the garden, which is why I found the chelated iron product to combat chlorosis

It's all about the pods....

#78 D3monic

D3monic

On Fire!

• Extreme
  • 10,263 posts
  • (x6)

Posted 02 March 2018 - 10:02 PM

I also have a few that when treated as the rest seem rather pale. I continue to treat them as I do all the others, and they're finally coming along. This year I've been using the Alaska Fish ferts; applying them in 1/4 doses and have been really pleased with the results. I've then added a local product called Hasta Gro, an organic urea based fert that has better coverage. AND ferti-lome chelated iron, that adds copper, iron, manganese, and zinc. I added these after they went into the #1 (6" diameter) pots. As they finally get added to the dirt, or containers, I wing it from there...LOL

I have a huge Ph (high) issue in the garden, which is why I found the chelated iron product to combat chlorosis

I've heard lots of good things about Alaska fish ferts. I suffer from high ph as well especially my water. Mid 8 range

Find me on Instagram

#79 Walchit

Walchit

Smokin' Hot

• Extreme
  • 2,416 posts

Posted 03 March 2018 - 07:34 AM

I just grabbed some of this seedling fertilizer from Alaska, it's a 2-1-0. They had a bloom version too

And they had a micronutrient blend or something too.

Edited by Walchit, 03 March 2018 - 07:35 AM.

#80 D3monic

D3monic

On Fire!

• Extreme
  • 10,263 posts
  • (x6)

Posted 03 March 2018 - 09:06 PM

was kind of nice out today, took the opportunity to clean the greenhouse out. 

OcpDNhK.jpg

Find me on Instagram

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests