• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Genetikx 2018

First time doing a glog but have followed others for years now. I don't expect monster 5' plants being just north of Chicago but I do expect to have a good time in the dirt and to neglect pulling weeds a time or twelve. The goal is grow a ton of peppers for sauce and maybe even get into powders this year.

We're currently rocking a 4' 4 tube hydrofarm T5, which I think is an awesome fluorescent. In the past I've supplemented with regular shop lights in the seedling stage and for overflow but might get another proper T5 soon. First time growing in this new house so hopeful to avoid mites, aphids, and the like. I'll end up throwing some plants in the backyard and then also claim a spot at the community garden.

Best of luck to all the awesome grows here at THP. Hope everyone has a great 2018.

Here's the grow list, subject to change just a little bit

Aji Amarillo
Aji Pineapple (WHP)
Andy's Chocolate Reaper Scorpion (WHP)
Bahamian Goat (AJDrew)
Bahamian Goat (Fiogga)
Bahamian Goat (WM)
Bih Jolokia X Sugar Rush Peach (WHP)
Blue Christmas (D3)
BOC
BOC X Aji Pineapple (WHP)
Brain Strain Yellow (one from my seed stock, one for grow down)
D3 Goat Giant
D3 Goat Yellow #4
El Scorponero #6 (D3)
EOB Mustard (I have just one seed lol, fingers crossed)
Fatalii White (WHP)
Flexosoum (Romy)
Habanero Mustard
Habanero Peach (AJDrew)
Habanero Peach (Paphlady)
Habanero Purple (WHP)
Jalapeno Biker Billy
Jalapeno Zapotec
OBEAH (Bumpy Lobed)
Omni Bonnet (D3)
PDN X Bonda Ma Jacques (PaulG)
Peach Ghost
Peach Ghost SS
Scotch Bonnet Allen Boatman (WHP)
Scotch Bonnet Belize
Scotch Bonnet Chocolate (WHP)
Scotch Bonnet MOA
Scotch Bonnet MOA (WHP)
Scotch Bonnet P Dreadie Select (mpicante)
Scotch Bonnet P Dreadie Select (Trident)
Scotch Bonnet Yellow
Scotch Brain
Scotch Brain Long X Yellow BBG7 (Trident)

Thanks Malarky -- good luck on your grow and hope the sauce came out spicy. Madison...ahh...Madison lol

I do the whole germ in a paper towel/ziploc method. Saw some tiny roots in a few varieties and tossed em in dirt. I'd normally let the roots get bigger before moving, but was itching to play in dirt.

I've got 2 bags of FFOF ready to go, hope that's enough for the year but if more is needed, looks like Amazon is the way to go. Think I saw it for 13 a piece instead of 20 from anywhere else I've ever seen it.

Yellow Brain Strain (2 throwdown)
Blue Christmas (only planted one but they got 100% germ rate really quick)
EOB Mustard (only had one seed and it was the first of everything to pop)
Fatalii white
Jalapeno Biker Billy (I won't regret starting jalas on 1/1, right?)

Hope everyone else's plans are coming together for '18

D3monic said:
Curious if any the omni bonnet germinate for you. I probably won't start my baccatum for at least another month
Yea me too. Still nothing with omni bonnet, or 90% of what's on the grow list so not worried at this point. I've got some hooks of yellow brain strain throwdown, fatalii white, biker billy jala...

But blue christmas is leading the pack so far...if u can see it in its camouflage

Zia1yOg.jpg

Thanks Scott!

I can't say I'm having bad germ rates, but definitely slow germ rates. I started around 12 El Scorponero seeds on 1/1 and all of them just popped more than 14 days later. That can and does happen, it seems to be a trend for me this year. So to be safe, I started more seeds on Saturday using Juanitos tupperware trick since that worked great for me a few years back. The problem you run into now using the paper towel baggie method is "mold" starts to grow, so you've got to transplant to new towels or at least remove the seeds gone bad.

Here's where we're at right now

kI9qWqY.jpg

Genetikx said:
Thanks Scott!

I can't say I'm having bad germ rates, but definitely slow germ rates. I started around 12 El Scorponero seeds on 1/1 and all of them just popped more than 14 days later. That can and does happen, it seems to be a trend for me this year. So to be safe, I started more seeds on Saturday using Juanitos tupperware trick since that worked great for me a few years back. The problem you run into now using the paper towel baggie method is "mold" starts to grow, so you've got to transplant to new towels or at least remove the seeds gone bad.

Here's where we're at right now

kI9qWqY.jpg

I soak overnight in camomile tea. I got hooks at 6-7 days. Today is day 8 already got reapers, el scorponero orange, d3 goat white , papa dreadie, white bullet habs and some others hooking. 

Good grow to you! I won't be starting anything til March one this year, last year I got a little ambitious and almost grew myself out of a grow!! Then again, I'm a bit more "just north of you" than Malarky, up here on the edge of Zone 3 Minnesota...

stickman said:
Hi Ryan, I see you're off to the races! Good luck with your grow this year, you've got some interesting  strains going. Cheers!
Thanks Rick! Hopefully I can get them all to germ. I had to take the last 2 seasons off from any kind of real grow, but I don't think I'm doing anything differently. Some of these are just being a little stubborn but no doubt, the grow room will be full.

The new T5 showed up the other day and I'm pretty excited about it. I've had the 48" 4 bulb for a few years now, this is big brother 8 bulb. I shouldn't be surprised by the size since it's just double what I already have, but damn it's big! In the box it took up most of my kitchen island.

Agrobrite Designer T5, FLP48, 432W 4 Foot, 8-Tube Fixture with Lamps https://www.amazon.com/dp/B007NQPUHM/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_-uJyAb419PCSN

The grow room at this new house is a little small, gally style but I'll try and get creative with angles...or maybe paint the walls to make it a little more pretty for you

AY9P2Al.jpg

Genetikx said:
Thanks Rick! Hopefully I can get them all to germ. I had to take the last 2 seasons off from any kind of real grow, but I don't think I'm doing anything differently. Some of these are just being a little stubborn but no doubt, the grow room will be full.

The new T5 showed up the other day and I'm pretty excited about it. I've had the 48" 4 bulb for a few years now, this is big brother 8 bulb. I shouldn't be surprised by the size since it's just double what I already have, but damn it's big! In the box it took up most of my kitchen island.

Agrobrite Designer T5, FLP48, 432W 4 Foot, 8-Tube Fixture with Lamps https://www.amazon.com/dp/B007NQPUHM/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_-uJyAb419PCSN

The grow room at this new house is a little small, gally style but I'll try and get creative with angles...or maybe paint the walls to make it a little more pretty for you [emoji3]

AY9P2Al.jpg
Dang son, that's some serious lights! The trick is knowing when to quit germinating so you don't run out of room before it's time to harden off... [emoji39]

Sent from my LGL44VL using Tapatalk

Yeah, what they said.  Great light set-up, looks like
serious illumination. I hope the F6 cross works for
you, Ryan. Mine took from 10-16 days to show hooks
in Jiffy Pellets. Not the best germ rates either. Dang.

Have a great season, friend   :cheers:

Back