• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Orange Thai--- help me steer this thing

Do i wanna grow the large one or the small one??  I don´t care about the size of the pods at all; i´m just concerned about the flavor. Which one is the good one?

Muchas gracias.
-Rob

Not sure about flavor but I like the smaller ones for ease of use. I like adding them whole into stir frys and it's easier to fine tune the heat with smaller pods. They are on my grow list for this year.

The small orange thai I've had are some of the most strongly perfumed annuums I've ever had. However it's very small, thin walled, and seedy.
Where as the large not quite as strongly flavored seems more usable, being big enough to have some meat on its bones.

Either way I'm confident you'll be happy with your choice both are great annuums worth growing IMO

....and, i ordered.

I predict that i´ll be annoyed by the smaller version in terms of processing/deseeding them, but i´d have NEVER gotten over my curiosity about the stronger flavor/aroma of the small strain.  As of right now, i´m planning to start more seeds from the large strain than the small, but i intend to grow both...

I have the larger variety I love them hot enough to feel a burn with a sweet note. Making Thai basil chicken tonight so I just picked these.
D69B71F5-02A3-40AA-B482-7245E923128D.jpeg

Bicycle808 said:
....and, i ordered.

I predict that i´ll be annoyed by the smaller version in terms of processing/deseeding them, but i´d have NEVER gotten over my curiosity about the stronger flavor/aroma of the small strain.  As of right now, i´m planning to start more seeds from the large strain than the small, but i intend to grow both...
Where did you order your seeds? This fits the bill for something I want to grow!

Semillas.de. click on the Union Jack for the English
Language version of the page.

I ordered from semillas last year. Everything grew true, and everything had excellent 90-100% germ rates, except for the white Fatalii seeds which was like 50% or 60%. I was very happy with the stuff I got from semillas for my 2017 grow, so I am happy to have ordered from them again for 2018. It's coming from overseas (Canary Islands), but shipping was included in the price, and I got zero hassles from any regulatory entities.

FWIW, Peter Merle, the head honcho at semillas, is a THP member... He carries alot of stuff that can be very hard to find elsewhere

Bicycle808 said:
Semillas.de. click on the Union Jack for the English
Language version of the page.

I ordered from semillas last year. Everything grew true, and everything had excellent 90-100% germ rates, except for the white Fatalii seeds which was like 50% or 60%. I was very happy with the stuff I got from semillas for my 2017 grow, so I am happy to have ordered from them again for 2018. It's coming from overseas (Canary Islands), but shipping was included in the price, and I got zero hassles from any regulatory entities.

FWIW, Peter Merle, the head honcho at semillas, is a THP member... He carries alot of stuff that can be very hard to find elsewhere

Thank you!

jedisushi06 said:
Both are great.  I grew about 9-10 types of thai last season.  Large ones are tasty and low heat.  Small ones are very hot for a thai and lots of seeds.  I say grow both.  My favorite thai is prik chee faa.
Got any seeds of the prik chee faa? Would gladly trade

Back