• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

DF 2018 Grow log

Started setting up some seeds yesterday.
Used rock wool and decided to experiment and use my fish tank to start them. The two reaper seeds I just placed on the Java Fern.
More seeds later today.

By the way, the "Thor" seeds, their from the seed train and I dont recall any other info on them, looking on the web they are described as such. If their is another type then please update me, thanks!
oSaVVJC.jpg
fFH47VJ.jpg
LvzOHxE.jpg

Interesting idea here with the fish tank. I gotta keep an eye out to see what happens with those reaper seeds haha

My algae eater. Ive had a Flying Fox and Farlowella before, the Farlowella my fav but the last one jumped out of the tank and their real expensive now. Fly Fox is aggressive so not good for community tank.
Im gonna look at making a cradle on top of the tank with pvc tubes and rig a water flow and use the tank water to feed the seedlings, so basically get into aquaponics.

Fbtj7TJ.jpg

So I was looking for the pvc 3 way elbows yesterday and found their rare here in Canada, one place has them for about $5/piece, Amazone ca $19, so with the rest of the pipes it would come to around $60, realized its cheaper just to use a fishtank, can buy a new one for $60/20gal. Got a 55gal outside that I wanted to use but no room here except in the basement. For now im using my new 20 gal thats supposed to replace the current one im using, just waiting for a warm day lol. SO in the mean time I got this setup with what I have, dont have to worry about buying anything. Once they start getting bigger I can set up the 55g tank and put the second light in.

jPIXjTN.jpg

lol, that would be nice however the garden last year was over heated and and lots of stuff bolted, potatoes realy were the only ones that had it good, besides the Deer munching on them :)
Thanks!

Heh heh...I guess I meant length of season, not really the heat. We had some scorching here too. We got NO spinach because it would bolt as soon as it was out of the ground!

Yup, was hoping for spinach, three rows, nothing, onions nothing. Got two packs of spinach yesterday and a pack of swiss chard, that grew and the Deer didnt go near them lol. Gonna make covers this year, those half round things.

Back