• Everything other than hot peppers. Questions, discussion, and grow logs. Cannabis grow pics are only allowed when posted from a legal juridstiction.

DF 2018 Veg Grow log

Planted a couple Tomato types, Sugar pie Pumpkin and Horse radish today.

68fMDqW.jpg

Allot more showing now, 3 out of 3 horseradish seeds. Added two more pumpkin seeds to replace the mouldy ones, but the mouldy ones are growing.

WQcJifx.jpg

dragonsfire said:
First time.

Ok, it is a good stuff because it is hard to get mouldy and you really cant overwater stuff growing in it either, if you just put little water in the tray and the rockwool just sucks whatever it needs without the plants getting overwatered in the process.

You can also add fertilizer to the water and let the rockwool soak it up over time, kind of a hydroponic style and when the plants are big enough, you just put the rockwool with the plant to a new container. Also one of the huge benefits of the rockwool is, that you can have multiple plants growing in a single rockwool piece and you just cut it to suitable pieces to separate the multiple plants growing in it.

dragonsfire said:
Some are doing well others are not, the Brandywine tomatoes are dropping off :(

Dont worry, i am here to help you with the rockwool thing and this very important lesson i remembered just now after you started to talk about, that your seedlings are not doing too hot.. When you put the seeds on the rockwool, dont put them inside any hole or slit, just place them on top of the rockwool, because rockwool is so moist in the inside, that it could block any air coming to the seed and the seed will not sprout, it simply may rot away because it suffocated. You can create very shallow holes or slits next to the seed to make the root go inside the hole, but never put the actual small seeds inside the hole, big seeds usually dont have this sort of huge problem because they can still breath despite the hole.. :welcome:

Sorry, that i didnt think about this very important thing before and now some of your seedlings are ruined, but you could still save the alive ones by ripping up the rockwool if the seedling didnt have too much time to create any serious roots or taking a small piece of the rockwool containing the seedling/roots and then placing them to a much safer place, far from too much moisture.

dragonsfire said:
Gonna transplant the big guy, not very good success rate with these seeds, basically three have come up out of nine.

q8VtPGK.jpg

I have two mini greenhouses. One for the seeds to germinate and one for the plants, that have already sprouted and they will go under the led light with some weak fertilizer mixed with the water.

Do you give any hydroponic fertilizer to the plants already sprouted in the rockwool, because water alone will not do at all after the first week and the plants will die, because the lack of nutrients.

dragonsfire said:
not yet, aquarium water the only thing so far, scared of mold with the ferts I have.

Rockwool does not mold easy and even if the rockwool turn kind of green from the fertilizers, it doest seem to do much of anything to the plant normal grow.

Back