• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Masher's 2018 community grow

Hello all, thanks for looking in. I hope to do a better job this season updating through the busy months of summer.

I will be dialing things down this year and concentrating on less strains since i have enough XXX powders to last many years.

Just put seeds into my soaking solution - 2 tsp clonex liquid to 1 gal H20.

Current seed list 2018, all gifted from THP members or from pods I grew last season also from THP members.

PaulG - PDN x Bonda F6....Two phenos (reg and late season purple as the label indicated)

Devv - Brainstrain - THP Growdown (Supplier Pepper-Guru)

Hogleg - Red and Orange Rocoto 

Wiriwiri - Short Yellow Tobasco and Guyana Tragedy

Unknown? - BBG7 Red (possibly Texas hot peppers? Moruga welder?)

Unknown? - BBG7 White F2

More rocotos...waiting on seeds

Seed house via the web - Stavros pepperoncini for pickling, 3rd year collecting/drying seeds.

Seeds will soak 24hrs, then into rock wool plugs to wait for hooks.

Lighting will be T-5's as space allows...will move into 600W & 1000W  hid room as/if needed.
Ideally I will get a small green house up this season so i don't have to use hid lighting.

good luck everyone  :dance:

Also included are two Goatsweed, and one sole Red Rocoto potted plants I trimmed up and placed into the grow room 3 weeks ago.

This morning one of the goatsweed has an open flower.

My other plants just died off when brought indoors, couldn't handle the environment change so late in the season.

will put a few pics up later today once I get things going.

Nice start up list Dan...keep an eye out for the HF GH kits they should be available soon...get on their mailing list & you'd
get a head ups  when they start advertising them for Spring..if you have a HF near you that's a +++ as shipping ain't cheap.
Mine is at least 10yrs ..& I paid 99 bucks & free ship..those days are a long gone. ;)

Masher said:
Something else in the works I have been after is one of those Harbor Freight poly green house kits.

I'd like to expand enough to sell some starts locally. 

Had good results 2 yrs ago selling Pepperoncini plants by the dozen so looking to do it again this yr.
I have one those greenhouses. I used self tapping screws to hold panels in because clips suck. I suggest using silicone or something around edges of each panel. Will help hold the heat in a lot better early spring and fall.

Nice list man, ain't it wondrous? I too am going to try a smaller grow this year, try to concentrate on better practices learned HERE, and guess what--every pepper seed I plant this Spring came from members here. No shopping!

I'm going to show the Darlin' Bride that greenhouse, too....

chocolatescotchbonnet said:
My local harbor freight wants $650 for that greenhouse.. I was thinking of building my own. That one looks like it's a good size though.. lots of head room.

Ding ding ding....It was on their 3 day sale list. $649.  I could of went into Oregon and picked it up tax free, but didn't need the traffic and hassle.

$702 loaded into my truck and a 2 mile drive home. 

stettoman said:
Nice list man, ain't it wondrous? I too am going to try a smaller grow this year, try to concentrate on better practices learned HERE, and guess what--every pepper seed I plant this Spring came from members here. No shopping!

I'm going to show the Darlin' Bride that greenhouse, too....

Watch the Youtube vids on homeowners mods with tips and tricks to putting them together if you get one.

The 6x8 was only $299 on sale. But it has a 5' high door opening and most build stem walls to elevate it.

The larger size will allow for my veg gardening as well. 

More seeds arrived yesterday From GIP  :dance:
Not pictured are the 5 strains added to my grow.

The newly revised list....waiting on one more seed package to finalize the list.

Stavros pepperoncini
Red Rocoto
Orange Rocoto
Aji Oro Rocoto
Pineapple Rocoto
Ecuadorian Sweet Rocoto
Arequipa Red Peru Rocoto
Yellow Sausage Pube
PDN x bonda F6 2 phenos
BBG7 Red
BBG7 White F2
Guyana Tragedy
Short Yellow Tobasco
Brainstrain Yellow THP GDTD

Found time to take a few pics and update 

Picked up new grow plug tray with new dome and these new round cut rock wool plugs. large grab box labeled .20 each.  (will see how they do)

After adding the plugs to 2 gallons of H20 and 60ML of Clonex seedling nutes, ph was 7.6 ( I knocked it down to 6.3)
I have been doing this for several yrs now with great success. I do not follow the rock woll website advice of 5.5ph for rockwool.

Two days ago loaded and waiting on hooks.....Will start second round of seed soaks today, and get them in dome Sat.

A couple quick shots of my Over winters. Not true over winters since they are thriving after haircuts and living in the grow room until spring.

I am already pulling flowers of the two Goatsweed.

Red Rocoto

Pair of Goatsweed 
The taller one had a huge growth spur before late fall arrived.
I trimmed them back possible thinking bonzai, but time will tell what I actually do with them.

Very beautiful plants, flowers, pods and i love this pepper as a powder.

Great season ahead for you, Dan! I hope the F6 do well for you.

I have the 6x8 version of your greenhouse.  11 years old and 
no complaint. Replaced roof panels once.  The panels that
came with the kit had poor UV tolerance.  The south wall
panels are starting to need replacement after 11 years.  Be
sure to assemble and measure the floor  frame before building
any kind of foundation, like 4x4's.  The dimensions in the plans
were not correct so I had to retrofit fortunately an easy fix.  The
rest of the plans were okay and the kit was easy to put up in a
day with 2 people.  Yours will take a little longer, but it's a great
one.  What I wanted originally, but the board voted differently  ;)

:cheers:  for a good season, Dan!

Not too early to start thinking about NWChilifest and campout
Sept. 14, 15 and 16.  I have reserved a yurt for Fri, Sat, and Sun
nights.

Ha, ha, Shane, page topper  :party:

Back