•  

The 11th Annual Hot Pepper Awards - WINNERS ANNOUNCED!

Photo

Devv-2018-Loving life in the dirt

Supers Bonnets sweets ow soil

• Please log in to reply
488 replies to this topic

#481 Devv

Devv

On Fire!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,336 posts
  • aka:Scott

Posted 25 May 2018 - 04:38 PM

Last Sunday we had quite a storm come out of the West 60mph winds, lightning, the works. The fence really saved us, although about 13-16 plants blew over and several more were leaning.

295.jpg

299.jpg

Pumpkin BBG, a nice healthy plant but still no pods, and with our forecast of next week to 100's and plus...I donno.

300.jpg

301.jpg

Annuum's we got, these are Big Jim peppers.

302.jpg

Ripen already! Aji Amirillo's

304.jpg

Anaheim peppers

305.jpg

A few BrainReapers...

306.jpg

This B.O.C. has quite a few small peppers on it..

308.jpg

Aji Limo. The other plant is setting nicely now.

309.jpg

Plenty of Poblano's to be had this season.

311.jpg

The Aji Dulce has been a fairly steady producer.

312.jpg

The P. Dreadie has been a bit stingy with it's pods. I have 3 in pots that got their butts kicked in storms. I'm going to grow them out. The dirt plants have a life of when the ripe pods are done, so are they.

313.jpg

Growdown YBS: So far leading the Chinense in productivity; and I started it 30 days after the others.

316.jpg

Here's the plant in it's 100 gal bag. It is the only plant that was damaged in the storm; mainly because of it's height.

314.jpg

No shortage of Bells this season!

315.jpg

Been steady pulling Gochu pods. ;)

317.jpg

320.jpg

PDN x Bonda White living up to it's name. It's leaning from the storms.

318.jpg

319.jpg

PDN x Bonda Purple.

Gotta pick in the morning :P

Edited by Devv, 25 May 2018 - 04:40 PM.

It's all about the pods....

#1A Guest

• Pip
  • 1 post

#482 Beerswimmer

Beerswimmer

Heating Up

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 472 posts

Posted 25 May 2018 - 04:49 PM

That was a heck of a rainstorm for sure! What town are you in/around? I'm in Corpus.  I'll be buying some 40% shade cloth in the next few days....

UT ALII VIVANT!!!!

#483 Thegreenchilemonster

Thegreenchilemonster

On Fire!

• Extreme
  • 5,312 posts

Posted 25 May 2018 - 05:15 PM

Wow, you're plants are super healthy! Congrats on all the poddage!

I hope you enjoy those seeds and powder I sent your way. There are some great varieties in there.

Edited by Thegreenchilemonster, 25 May 2018 - 05:15 PM.

#484 Devv

Devv

On Fire!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,336 posts

Posted 25 May 2018 - 05:41 PM

That was a heck of a rainstorm for sure! What town are you in/around? I'm in Corpus.  I'll be buying some 40% shade cloth in the next few days....

Hi Beer, I'm just outside of Devine. Have a look at greenhousemegastore.com if you're buying some size..

#485 Devv

Devv

On Fire!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,336 posts

Posted 25 May 2018 - 05:42 PM

Wow, you're plants are super healthy! Congrats on all the poddage!

I hope you enjoy those seeds and powder I sent your way. There are some great varieties in there.

Thanks Dale!

And thanks again for the seeds and powder. I look forward to growing all of those varieties ;)

#486 PtMD989

PtMD989

Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 538 posts

Posted 25 May 2018 - 06:23 PM

You’re gonna have to buy the lot next door to expand your garden!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#487 fcaruana

fcaruana

Mild

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts
  • aka:Frankie

Posted 25 May 2018 - 06:44 PM

Scott, this is amazing!! What great plants and pods! Still jealous of the size of those poblanos... gotta see how big mine come in this year. My big Jim set a pod a few days ago so I’m looking forward to seeing that one go!

Holy moly.. that growdown plant is a monster. 100 gallon pot?!? I have a ghost pepper in a 30 gallon and I thought that was huge.. haha

What kind of soil do you use for the pots? Would be expensive to fill with all potting soil!

Those bonda crosses are just beautiful.. taking note for next years varieties already haha.

These updates are awesome as usual, it’s so exciting to see other people’s plants producing already! As for me I counted 31 tiny little ghost peppers in my biggest plant this morning so we’re well on our way for being just the “beginning” of the NY grow season!

What’s your favorite pepper of the season so far?

#488 TrentL

TrentL

Smokin' Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,413 posts

Posted Yesterday, 10:23 PM

Very nice Scott, those plants are doing fantastic. Quite the little rainshower you had there! Glad it didn't do more damage. I bet the plants loved the water, though!

You ever thought about doing misters and shade cloths to keep them productive a little longer when it gets hot? I was looking at some misters the other day for the high tunnels. They blow out mist and fans distribute it, supposed to cool the ambient air by something like 10 degrees Fahrenheit in the vicinity. That might be enough to keep your plants from dropping flowers when it hits the 100's?

#489 Genetikx

Genetikx

Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 989 posts

Posted Yesterday, 10:58 PM

Dude, my growdown plants just cut off their c0cks and declared full allegiance to your stud

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Supers, Bonnets, sweets, ow, soil

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests