Hello from North Eastern NC

Hello All,
Here from little bitty Edenton NC.
About me
Retired Service Member (6 years US Army and 15 US Coast Guard)
Currently working contract work like most retired members end up doing but.... I am working towards my own business

Pepper background
I have always been a texas pete guy because I grew up in Eastern NC eating NC BBQ which requires a NC hot sauce. Now and days I eat more Franks than any other because I turned into a hot wings freak during my army days. That is the every day hot me, then there is the waiver signing me where the only one I have yet to try is a reaper based sauce. Little scared to try it after my last round with super hots. I might be a rare case and then I might be a part of the regular crowd but I have to plan days in advance in order to eat more than Franks, meds meds meds, cant they make one just for pepper eaters.

Growing background
I grew up around nothing but farms, tobacco, corn, soy beans, cotton, and oh yeah peanuts. but it wasn't until I retired and took up my own microgreens business (Patchwork Microgreens not a plug but explaination of username) and a few extra veggies, including peppers that I found out an interesting fact. The peppers of one of my favorite sauces are grown right near me and they are really good peppers as peppers and not a sauce. Long story short I found out the farmer is a friend of a friend, (wink wink) cant grow them but can have a few for personal use.
I currently have the following in my pepper arsenal
Orange Scotch Bonnet
Chocolate Habanero
Lemon Drop
Unknown type Thai (red)
Giant Thai (red)
Jalapeno (Big Ones)

Currently looking for one type of Thai Pepper, looking to start a breeding project with the base pepper being a Giant Thai (red) x Thai White
WHITE THAI (multiple varieties)

Hope I didn't over do it, I do tend to get carried away, the scary part is the brain was operating three times as fast and I have to come back to finish the thoughts most of the time, henceforth the rambling.
^
^
^
^
That's Me
Patrick Rose

Welcome! Still AD here, but not for too much longer...maybe. I will be joining you on the east coast here shortly. Best of luck on this year's grow.

Shane

Welcome!

THP is a great Retirement Home

Back