• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

New Dragon Breath Pepper?

Hey guys! So I was online looking and I found a website for some new pepper called the "Dragons Breath" pepper, it says it is around 2.5 million on the scoville. Does that mean it is now the worlds hottest pepper? Thanks!

ThatBlondGuy101 said:

Great write up, I really enjoyed reading it!

I think it would be cool to have some and keep them, who knows.........maybe even eat  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  ;)  :liar:

I also saw that the "Dragons Breath" isn't even the hottest, I guess the same dude that made the Carolina Reaper made something even hotter..........The Pepper X *duh* *duh* *duuuuhhh* 

PepperMan16 said:
I guess the same dude that made the Carolina Reaper made something even hotter..........The Pepper X *duh* *duh* *duuuuhhh*

I have Pepper XX (4.2 million SHUs) & XXX (5.9 billion SHUs) in my back pocket.... To be released shortly!

fake-news-fake-ip6byn.jpg

`

Very happy to again see Mr. B looking and sounding well.  No clue what the medical challenge was, but I wouldn't wish illness on anyone.  But the video is dated.  Someone already linked to the previous discussion, check it out. 

I am growing the thing this year.  Not because I think it is the hottest pepper in the world.  I am growing it because I want to know what its really like.  Their is so much misinformation and conflicting information about this pepper, I want to see for myself.

The record for it is BS. That much is definite.
None of the claimed owners have been honest about this pepper. I don't trust any of them.

What I do trust is my own mouth and I found the pepper both VERY hot and surprisingly tasty.

I can't say for sure if it's hotter than the Reaper but it seemed it to me.Other chillies, however, have completely blown me away. This is no Jigsaw or Bhutlah and it doesn't seem to be a stable strain. I doubt that it will be one until long after we see something hotter than it take the top spot. I strongly doubt that we'll see a record from it. But the three on my desk will not be going to waste.

Spicefreak, exactly.  We have to try it for ourselves.  In my case, grow and try it for myself.  It is not just pepper in the spot light that I get curious about.  I love growing new things, what ever they are.  Yes, even when they do the hottest pepper in the world claim.  I'll likely be offering the pods this season, but will explain to folk that the whole hottest pepper in the world claim is unsubstantiated.  Folk can decide for them selves, the way it ought to be.

jedisushi06 said:
Anyone actually growing any this year?

Yes, I got seeds from someone named Chili Bob. They are in soil under lights.  Hit me up for a seed trade in about six months.

Back