• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

favorite Your Favorite BBQ Rubs

I'm a big fan of Meat Church. 

My go to:

Holy Cow for Brisket
Honey Hog for pork and chicken

New one I'm liking a lot on pork and chicken.

The Gospel Limited Edition. 

Got to hang out with Moe Cason a couple months ago. His rubs and sauces will be in all the Academy's within the next couple weeks or so. His pork rub has a nice kick to it. I like it a lot. 

What are y'all's favorites?

I like mine simple. Good ol' T & B for me

30127477354_65566b4109_b.jpg

SoHot said:
I'm a big fan of Meat Church. 

My go to:

Holy Cow for Brisket
Honey Hog for pork and chicken

New one I'm liking a lot on pork and chicken.

The Gospel Limited Edition. 

Got to hang out with Moe Cason a couple months ago. His rubs and sauces will be in all the Academy's within the next couple weeks or so. His pork rub has a nice kick to it. I like it a lot. 

What are y'all's favorites?
Good rubs but too damn expensive.  Unless you smoke meat a few times a year......

jedisushi06 said:
Good rubs but too damn expensive.  Unless you smoke meat a few times a year......

Never tried Meat Church products, but may now having read the posts. I will say in all fairness, that the buddy I plugged in my post above (is a certified pitmaster, BBQ Judge and all accolades etc.) has great products that I get for free (trade.) I looked at Meat Church's website and compared it to his. The containers at Meat Church sell for $9 at 10 ozs. and his sell for $9 at 5 ozs. He sells a mess of it locally (it really is good, I'll stand for it), don't know the web sales and he certainly would not like me pointing this out, but if Meat Church is worth a damn, it sounds like a pretty good deal. 

If you know of one that is good and inexpensive, please share. I do a bit of smoking and would love to try something different....

Reggie

WarrantMan said:

Never tried Meat Church products, but may now having read the posts. I will say in all fairness, that the buddy I plugged in my post above (is a certified pitmaster, BBQ Judge and all accolades etc.) has great products that I get for free (trade.) I looked at Meat Church's website and compared it to his. The containers at Meat Church sell for $9 at 10 ozs. and his sell for $9 at 5 ozs. He sells a mess of it locally (it really is good, I'll stand for it), don't know the web sales and he certainly would not like me pointing this out, but if Meat Church is worth a damn, it sounds like a pretty good deal. 

If you know of one that is good and inexpensive, please share. I do a bit of smoking and would love to try something different....

Reggie

This stuff is fairly cheap. Ingredients are very simple, so simple I've tried to replicate it, unsuccessfully though.

Sometimes I use as is, sometimes I use it as my base and modify.

The H-3 is newer. Old blend with added pepper flakes.

I just buy the original and add my own higher quality flakes or powder when called for. 

http://tedandbarney.bigcartel.com/

My one contribution for this thread is that I am totally in love with McCormick's (yeah I know huh?) Brazilian steakhouse seasoning.  In fact I am out at the moment and need to go get another bottle.  For a really good ribeye, I don't need anything but salt and pepper, but for any other beef its that Brazilian rub.  There are so many out there try them all I say!

Back