• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

seeds Anyone use Seed Germination Accelerator before?

Hey guys, so I noticed on pepperhead.com that they sell a Seed Germination Accelerator for like $4 a pack, claims to treat up to 1000's of seeds and it can speed it up by like 50%. I might buy it soon and use it (mainly because i'm impatient lol). All the stuff is, is Potassium Nitrate or "Saltpeter". Has anyone here ever used it? Did it work? Thanks mah dudes.  :dance:

Works a treat. I got 500g of the stuff for $13NZD so that's a bit steep.

It's the only thing I use and it seems to do the job. Not sure if it's any quicker, but I stick with what gets the job done

KAOS said:
Works a treat. I got 500g of the stuff for $13NZD so that's a bit steep.

It's the only thing I use and it seems to do the job. Not sure if it's any quicker, but I stick with what gets the job done

Alright cool cool, I will probably buy it now when I buy the seeds. I live in Zone 8b, they say the last frost here is between April 11th-20th. I will start the seeds 8-10 weeks before that inside in a seed cell tray and a heat mat, probably in February or so. Thanks for your help!  :dance:

Back